Revell KC-10 reissue, possible?

phantomphan92

I've noticed a third Revell Kc-10 pop up on ebay in 2 weeks, the first 2 were the later boxing and sold for a fortune!! I have the initial release in the stash but have been hunting the later one for a long time and consider it almost as rare as the C-5, yet 3 appear in 14 days? Anything in it I wonder, are people clearing their stash pre Xmas or do some know there's a new one on its way?

Wouldn't read anything into it. Probably people needing a bit of cash for the Bah Humbug Festive season and just trying to cash in on a very rare kit knowing they will likely get a tidy sum. Personally, I don't encourage them.

Allan

just think of all those people who bought 1/48th revell westland wessex's at £70+, now they cant give that kit away at £10, revell are so strange at re-issue's , same with the heller 1/400 surcouf submarine, used to sell at £75+ now hobbyboss do a nice kit for £15 and heller have re-issued the kit again(too late), why didnt they re-issue it all those years ago before hobbyboss issued their kit and people were screaming for one.

My fear is that you're probably correct. I'll have to keep waiting for later version with decals for the Shamu scheme. As mentioned I've got the original boxing to do and will use draw decals for the AMC gray scheme on that one.

Still would be nice to be wrong and see it appear reboxed with new decals in January (along with the C-5)

• Like 1

My fear is that you're probably correct. I'll have to keep waiting for later version with decals for the Shamu scheme. As mentioned I've got the original boxing to do and will use draw decals for the AMC gray scheme on that one.

Still would be nice to be wrong and see it appear reboxed with new decals in January (along with the C-5)

Agreed - assuming the stories that the C-5 tools are lost is incorrect. I do have one of the original C-5 kits but it ain't for sale!!!! :lol:

Allan

Agreed - assuming the stories that the C-5 tools are lost is incorrect. I do have one of the original C-5 kits but it ain't for sale!!!! :lol:

Allan

Ha, I've never quite understood that story, if I recall they were apparently lost somewhere in Japan (correct me if I'm wrong). Revell issued the kit after Otaki so I always wondered how the moulds ended up back in Japan to begin with lol

• Like 1

Ha, I've never quite understood that story, if I recall they were apparently lost somewhere in Japan (correct me if I'm wrong). Revell issued the kit after Otaki so I always wondered how the moulds ended up back in Japan to begin with lol

And then Testors reissued it after Revell. I have an Otaki original and obtained a second C-5A kit about 4 years ago - this was a Yodel boxing. So, I have no idea WHERE the moulds might be now!! :lol:

Allan

Lets remember how many times you have heard the story about moulds being lost/ destroyed only for the model to be re-released...

Airbus beluga is my one, I brought one off ebay for a silly amount of money only for revell to re-issue it within months!