The Mummy!

That looked like a fun build, reminds me of the old Aurora kits of the 70's

It was a lot of fun, something different from the normal military hardware I usually build. he is of course one of the Aurora molds (mine is a repop from revell) from 1961 based on the mummy movies of the 1940s staring lon chaney jr. lon's name is actually imprinted on the base saying his likeness is copyright protected!

cool. just got myself the mobius invisible man kit for christmas :coolio:

I would like one of those, it looks really cool.

Well that brings back memories ! I remember me and my mates building the Aurora models, and I always like the excellent box art, which made me want to build them.

Your Mummy looks excellent, and thanks for sharing the photos with us, Chris. :goodjob:

Well that brings back memories ! I remember me and my mates building the Aurora models, and I always like the excellent box art, which made me want to build them.

Your Mummy looks excellent, and thanks for sharing the photos with us, Chris. :goodjob:

Thanks!

I also loved those days of my youth when you could buy aurora monsters and go build them with my friends! say what you will about aurora as a company, they did make kits i loved as a boy and as we see with the mummy, some of them were not bad at all!

• 4 years later...

Going to get back into modelling, and tempted to revisit this model as it was one I made as a child back in the 70's. Don't have the original any more, long gone but will look to get another but I want to take this model and create something a little extra special, just to see if I can create something that I'll be proud of. Lot's of ideas running around in my head right now about what I can do with this kit... 

Ultimately I'm awaiting the Airfix re-release of the Bentley 1:12th scale kit but this could be a nice little warm up project to get my eye back in. I'll keep you posted...