Euro F-5 double build, 1/72.

mirageiv

Thank you for the encouragement again folks :)

Rich- I agree in maybe the RF-5 needed maybe a little more weathering, although it is not showing on the photo. Maybe better ones for the gallery might show it :). I was going for this kind of condition however, http://www.luftkrigsskolen.no/AirForcePhotos/DesktopModules/Repository/MakeThumbnail.aspx?tabid=53&id=729. I know 99% of modellers like really weathered jets, I'm that oddball 1% that usually likes them looking real clean :winkgrin: .

Craig-Thanks for the kind words, hurry up with your F! I'm looking forward to it :)

Nimrod- Thank you, I think the polished primer helped the finish on this one, even if is not a high shine NMF job. Will do it again for similar camo in the future.

Mr.B- Cheers :) I did the photo like that to highlight the payload ability of these tiny jets, handling must have been ship like though!

• Like 2

Hi guys, finished and more pics in the gallery.

L1020762_zps852usoir.jpg

L1020781_zps2yfmgwul.jpg

Please ignore the red blotch of Tamiya red clear on the Dutch jet :doh: , only just saw it now!

Thank you to the mods, Rich and Giorgio for hosting the GB :). I might return with a F-5E of the Swiss Airforce, depends on how some other builds go that have been waiting patiently until I got these done. It has been great fun and will look at everyone's build closely, hopefully we will have a good amount of builds by the deadline.

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement chaps :),

Cheers,

David.

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 7

Two fabulous builds David. I may not have had time to comment very often but it has been an absolute pleasure to watch them come together. Very well done buddy

Thank you Nimrod, glad you like them :). I look forward to your jet progression and the lovely scheme it will wear.

Very Nice work there, Dave.

Do you have one stand for every model you built, or this one serves for all?

In the first case, where do you get it?

Thank you Antoine :). I only really have 1 stand, this big black one from the Aifrix Concorde kit. It is a little clumsy looking in the attachment point but since I build nearly all my 1/72 models 'in flight' it needs to be able to modified for different models, or at least have a 'common' attachment ability. Any 1/48 jets I have built (only 1 so far!) and planning to build will be wheels down jobs for detail and preservation probably. Although I do have a 1/32 Tornado in flight display planned :)..eventually. If i built a stand for each model I would probably spend most of my time building them rather than the model itself! It does mean a have a rather large table in my garage with many builds simply placed on top gathering dust however...can be a little tricky sometimes with antennae etc...but I enjoy seeing them in their natural environment :).
Edited by mirageiv

Really excellent work indeed, well done on producing two very fine models! :worthy:

They both look fantastic and it's hard to choose which I prefer, but I'd probably say the camo one!

Well you can be very proud of those models, hopefully the build was an enjoyable one.

• Like 1

Lovely work on both of them and the finish is great....I was planning something like this for mine too but due to canopy problems...........it will be on it legs and opened canopy

I hope to see the E surfacing here .....in due time.....

Congrats on the making the finish line

Best Regards

Mr B

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Craig- Just about sitting down to do an F-16 duo (Barak and Norwegian -B ) first over Christmas, will have to see about the -E :) but should make it!

Cheers chaps,

David.

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wow, you done two terrific models - lots of detail for 1/72 scale with some superb restrained weathering. Looks so authentic.

They are so good, you could take your picture as air to air shots of the real deal (without a visible stand) :clap2:

Cheers, Peter

Edited by Basilisk