That is really retro - I am doing the full red tail and orange cheat line retro one, 70s I guess that would have been. Hmmm, maybe both, as a sort of theme?

Cheers,

Mike

Perth / Singapore was my first Qantas flight ( 1968 ) Boeing 707 and my first time across the equator - still have my QF issued certificate. Qantas also became my first flown 'foreign' airline ( being South African ) so many good memories being stirred here.

Cheers,

Mike

Does anyone know if Quantas might be thinking about Waloona?dreaming might appear on an A380?,that would be very impressive.

I have heard from a chap who used to work for QANTAS (lower) management that a number of more retro schemes MAY be on the way as we approach the QANTAS 100th anniversary. The Retro Roo II jet had to be taken off line for 3 days or so to repaint (Retro Roo 1 was painted prior to delivery by Boeing). That is fine with a fleet of 75 737s, but QANTAS only has a dozen A380s. Taking one out of the schedule for a few more than 3 days would affect services across the network since they have rejigged utilisation to improve efficiencies across the entire fleet .

So I expect we will not see any major repaints (to the degree of the Wanula and Nalangi Dreaming schemes on the 747s) to the A380s. Small paint schemes updates to the A380s do occur, like the Rugby World Cup jet (adding boots around the roo's neck or a decal to the side of the fuselage). The last Wanula Dreaming jet (a brand new B747-438ER) was painted at the Boeing factory before delivery so schedules were not affected.

Ray

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Trojan, returning to Wanula dreaming, are any of the A380, s coming up for a major soon as that might be a good time for a repaint and also fit well with 100 years celebration?

Couldn't say, I know they are repainted only when necessary. There are a few B737-800 of the earlier arrivals that is still going around in the previous scheme 1984 scheme. These aircraft were delivered between 2003 and 2006.

The A380s were delivered between 2008 and 2011 so I think are a long way off from requiring a repaint. There are still 2 deferred orders that QANTAS has not taken up. So maybe one of these will appear in a nice retro or Wanula type scheme.

Ray

• 4 weeks later...