MPM Meteor F4 - Fuerza Aerea Argentina

Quick update. I have been in India for the last week so lots of curry but no modelling. I have however continued my discussion with Nigel at Hannants. Seems all their examples of this kit have the wrong wing. Emails have been sent to MPM. In the meantime I have ordered the Revell kits so I can hopefully still finish this build in time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK its been a manic couple of weeks with very little bench time...but Mrs K granted me 2 hours (my estimate too finish her off today)...it took 4...but she is still speaking to me.

A few photos and yes she a tail sitter..

69299260-C543-4CFD-BF68-0AC060DA802E_zps

D2A6AC1A-2E8F-4E40-A192-BE9FF695211F_zps

4665E36E-4180-4B61-9694-FF24E8C5DACE_zps

I will try to do some better photos tomorrow not sure if everything has to be uploaded tonight.

D

• Like 3

congrats!

turned out very nice!

I like the tanks !

I think every Meteor is a tail-sitter mine is just not, but when blinking an eye (or taking a photo for that matter) its again on its tail....... I don't know how they did it on the real plane ;)

Edited by exdraken

I beieve that Argentina's Meteors were diverted from an RAF contract to pay off the UK's debt for meat supplied during WW2. The government could not afford to pay the debt back as the UK was all but broke. Nice to see an under represented air force modelled.

congrats!

turned out very nice!

I like the tanks !

I think every Meteor is a tail-sitter mine is just not, but when blinking an eye (or taking a photo for that matter) its again on its tail....... I don't know how they did it on the real plane ;)

Thanks exdraken. She was not the easiest of builds but not unpretty at the end. Wish I could work out how to photo her properly. D

I beieve that Argentina's Meteors were diverted from an RAF contract to pay off the UK's debt for meat supplied during WW2. The government could not afford to pay the debt back as the UK was all but broke. Nice to see an under represented air force modelled.

Hanks Natter. I think you are right re WW2. I have a hankering to model every Argentine plane I can find as a project.

D