Revell 1:32 Eurofighter Typhoon, RAF, 11 Squadron

Hello everyone,

my name is Oliver, 35 years old and this is my first post here on BM. May i present you my Revell 1:32 RAF-Typhoon.

Build with Eduard Interior, Eduard Exterior, RBF and Seatbelts. Colors with Revell spraycans (i have no airbrush)

After long time studing the walkways i build the Eurofighter in about 3 months hard work.

This is my first build after a break of nearly 20 years, please go easy :shutup: There where lots of problems with this kit (intake, apu, speedbreak...) But finally, i managed it.

Now, its almost done (APU, cleaning and a glasbox for the aircraft) and my next build i started yesterday will be a Revell 1:32 BAe Hawk.

Please feel free to critise as everyone learns from there mistakes. Enjoy the pics.

Oliver

20151115_115655_zpsr2dyupju.jpg

20151115_115621_zpsi8c1m7ge.jpg

20151115_114934_zpsnj97de7g.jpg

20151115_115057_zpscspt6fww.jpg

20151115_115210_zpslbt5heiv.jpg

20151115_114618_zps3ctcwdbi.jpg

20151115_114714_zpslkppnxdi.jpg

20151115_114828_zpsfherc9my.jpg

20151115_114922_zpsrpq16jee.jpg

20150911_112845_zpsbl6au2eu.jpg

• Like 33

Twenty years worth the wait! Very nice work.

I can see the canopy gave you trouble... This is because Revell never intend their kits to be displayed with the canopy open, you always have to improvise!

Otherwise it's a great result, and a very good example of how to apply the Eduard sets, well done.

Al

• Like 1

Thanks Alan,

the Eduard PE is perfect for the Kit! Now i´ll build 2-3 Revell kits (BAe Hawk, Tornado & Rafale) because my son gave it to me and for christmas my present will be the 1:32 ITALERI Mirage IIIC :thumbsup:

I hope my skills then are better.......

• Like 1

Yes Andrew,

you are right! But that means than that Revell made a mistake because the connecting part is to long. I must look after work, maybe i can cut it......

Thank´s for the info!

Welcome back to the hobby. Looking very good indeed.

One question though, it has 'kill' markings by the nose. Do you know the history behind these? If you don't no problem, just intrigued that's all

Looking forward to your next build

• Like 1

Hi Simon,

thanks for your comment (and all other gents :thumbsup2: ).

I don´t know what you mean with "kill markings" - if you mean the black line on the nose - i fond them on many typhoon pics (they are grey, mine a much darker....)

Hello,Oliver- My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Typhhoon'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work.She is a credit to you and a fine tribute to 11 Squadron's current type.With your obvious modelling skills it would be a straightforward task with care just to reduce the length of the canopy mounting peg and that would,in my opinion,conclude a fine job throughout.Welcome to Britmodeller..All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Good morning to all that gave me such a good resonance of my build! I´ll try to reach that quality (or better :coolio: ) on my next model (BAe Hawk 1:32) - sure i will post it on BM.

@Paul - i´ ll try to correct my mistake on the canopy!