1:400 Tom's Modelworks PE question

Hutch

A'noon everyone.

I'm working on the 1:400 Bismarck and have a set of Etch from Tom's modelworks'. My question is regarding the etched rails supplied with the set and the rails supplied with the kit.

There doesn't appear to be enough etch to do the superstructure AND go around the edge of the deck so..... has anyone out there used the plastic-supplied rails on the deck and etch on the sticky-uppy bits? Or, just used the etch around the deck and not bothered with the other?

My choice is the former option with the kit rails on the deck and the etch on the superstructure but I felt that someone else might have experienced this in the past, possibly with one of the other 1:400 kits.

Cheers (and many thanks in advance)

Hutch

Edited by Hutch

• 2 months later...

The plastic supplied for the rails is incredibly over-scale. I used it, quite deliberately, as an out of box build for my Graf Spee.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983671-heller-1400-graf-spee/#entry2018626

I'm not sure it will compliment your brass etch, if anything it will exacerbate the the scale. Have a look at the above link and judge for yourself.