Canberra B2, 149 Squadron, Germany, 1956 (1/48)

jenko

Latest of the bench is the Airfix B2 in 1/48. In the markings of 149 Squadron, Germany, 1956.

I picked this kit up for £2 at a Hornby sale.....bargain or what?? Markings are from a Xtra decal sheet.

Totally out of the box. Hope you like.

Please feel free to comment.

Thanks for looking.

Dick

DPP_0036_zpsf9wooafl.jpg

DPP_0034_zpshh07zhve.jpg

DPP_0035_zpsdnujx3nc.jpg

DPP_0033_zpsxpnueohn.jpg

• Like 44

Hi Steve,

Tamiya flat aluminium ....... the finish is meant to be high speed silver, with Humbrol matt cote on top.

Cheers

Dick

Edited by jenko
  • Like 1

That`s a real corker Dick,.....a total bargain (£2,....WOW!) and wearing the same markings that I want to put on mine too,.......you are a man of good taste,.....or do you just like the little mushroom clouds on the nose (like me!)? Mind you I`ve always had an interest in 125 Wing in Germany.

Great Stuff,

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

Firstly, many. many thanks for your kind comments.

As to the "high" cost of this model ....Hornby have warehouse sales several times of the year. You have to buy what you find...... I managed to pick up a Typhoon for £40 .......only the one :analintruder: ​.

Tony Ot........ when it comes to aircraft subjects I think we are blood brothers .... I bet our respective stashes are nearly a mirror image :coolio:

Dick

• Like 1

Tony Ot........ when it comes to aircraft subjects I think we are blood brothers .... I bet our respective stashes are nearly a mirror image :coolio:

Dick

Either that or we were parted at birth!!

£40 for a Tiffie,......at least your stash is much cheaper than mine!!

Cheers

Tony

That midwife :bouncy: ​ has got a lot to answer for......best call her :bleh:

As for the stash..... Hornby is just over the fields from me and is my LMS :hypnotised:

Who's a lucky boy then :whistle:

• Like 1

Hello,Jenko - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Canberra'. I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and she.looks resplendent in your chosen scheme.All the best,Paul.

Hi Steve,

Tamiya flat aluminium ....... the finish is meant to be high speed silver, with Humbrol matt cote on top.

Cheers

Dick

Thank's Dick it looks superb,I'll be picking a bottle up soon then.