With two GBs under my belt, I fearlessly stumble in to my third. As I want to practise three colour camo and doing weird stuff with Panzer Putty, it will be in in the Marines Aggressor camo.

sprues.jpg

scheme.jpg

I’ve got a nice resin seat that I will no doubt manage to make look like a mangled jellybean with my customary skill and ineptitude. Some nice Italeri fit etch that will be tormented into fitting with a trusty Tamiya etch file. Or not.

Colours will be a mix of Mr Hobby & Mr Color with their wonderful levelling thinner. Scotch will be Laphroaig Quarter Cask for good days and Bells floor polish grade for penury days. Finally, having stalked Nigel Heath at the hotel during SMW 2015, I have discovered his secret; Consumption of a whole bottle of this type of magical potion while eating grilled dead cow. As you can see my bottle is ready and waiting for the build to commence, soon I will have Nigey Powers!

elixir.jpg

Anil

• Like 7

Cool - I have the same kit, never built Hobby Boss. Tempted by the Navy colours. Have tackled a 1/48 AFV kit aggressor scheme, 1/72 is gonna be a challenge!

What's your plan for the cam masking wise?

Will watch closely for tips!

Tim Moff, on 14 Nov 2015 - 7:39 PM, said:

Cool - I have the same kit, never built Hobby Boss. Tempted by the Navy colours. Have tackled a 1/48 AFV kit aggressor scheme, 1/72 is gonna be a challenge!

What's your plan for the cam masking wise?

Will watch closely for tips!

Panzer putty and prayer.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, it's great to have you along.

I like you model choice and the colour scheme.....well that'll be an interesting challenge in this scale. But it should be quite doable as there are a couple of ways you can go, but I'm very interested in what you have planned!

Arrr the "Red Lubricant" the perfect way to model.......though some of my more dubious evilBay purchases can be attributed to the consumption or a wee bit to much! "Remember kids, don't drink and eBay........ as you don't know what you'll end up with!"

Anyway, hope you have a enjoyable build and look forward to seeing her complete, good luck.

• Like 1

Good start!

This elixir is produced just at my door step at the Barossa Valley. Nice stuff.

I'll be watching your build since I'm doing the same kit.

Good luck!

Edited by Mike
Removing large photo-quote
  • Like 1

elixir.jpg

Anil

Now, we know why instead of "HobbyBoss" you wrote "Hokeyboss" (I bet that's an empty bottle)!!!! Just kidding!!

Looks like an interesting project, especially the paint scheme. As for the kit, it's the good-old Italeri F-5 but, with engraved panel lines. I like the fact that it gives raised details for the cockpit.

Looking forward to see the next steps of your build!!!

Cheers

Shalako

Mike, on 17 Nov 2015 - 4:10 PM, said:

Now I've actually met you Anil, I can read your posts in your voice, which makes for even more scary reading! :lol:

Me scary? So I stalk the odd forum member, drink too much and occasionally sacrifice a goat, does that make me a bad person?

Anil The Rejected

• Like 1

Nice choice of colour scheme Anil.

I built an A-4E in a similar scheme a couple of years ago and the light blue/grey combination looks really good. I look forward to seeing your work as I've never seen how this kit goes together and it's been a very long time since I built the original Italeri boxing.

Craig.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

With the belated return of the mojo, I've got the interior painted and assembled: Pavla seat and Italeri Eduard IP: Tried the wipe off one layer of paint technique from ARC forums. Not sure about my colour choices but looks much better than a decal or random blobs of colour. Nasty humbrol enamel not easy to remove easily from the etch but I will be trying this again

seat.jpg

Interesting black on white IP from Eduard (for the Italeri kit):

IP.jpg

IP2.jpg

Had a dry fit and I can see why Tim Moff despaired, back on Thursday and the words "Milliput fine" seem to be figure heavily in my thinking....

Anil

• Like 3

This nearly became a controlled flight-into-terrain victim today; I managed to get Cyano on the main canopy and had to spend an eternity polishing it out with diamond lapping pastes. Then I did the exact same thing again.

I was about to call it a day when I remembered chipping in to help Nimrod54 recover his Frisket fiasco and persevered: Here she is, zipped up canopy masked and waiting for a coat of delicious Alclad gray.

zippedup.jpg

I solved the Grand Canyon gaps by using 0.3mm plastic rod and melting it in place using Mr Hobby S cement. Whoever thought making the fins and exhaust of a 1/72 sidewinder separate parts has a personal hell waiting for them where they get endlessly poked with micro tweezers.

intothegap.jpg

This looks like it may get to the finish line in time, Avanti!

Anil The Canopy Mangler

• Like 3

multiple parts on a 1/72nd Sidewinder!! A very special place in hell, especially seeing as they look no different from the normal one piece items!

She's looking nice, just needs the colour now!

• Like 1