Bf-110D 1/48 eduard BoB GB leftover. Finished 23-12-2015

Arniec

Hi guys this is a left over from the Battle of Britain GB III. I will now try to finish it here.

Here is a link of what has been done earlier.
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234985986-bf-110d-148-eduard-update-27-8-2015/

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pictures of what has been done today. It is not much, but it is a start.

It also reminded me of why I lost my mojo with it.

Here are a few pictures of the coolers. They fought me al the way before they were on. But they are now.

After painting the interior of the coolers RLM65.

IMG_2681_zpsf2yjzqtx.jpg

IMG_2680_zpsqisxc4e6.jpg

And after putting the lid on. Witch wasn't easy. The plastic parts (and PE) were interfering with eachother. So I needed to sand and scrape some plastic away till they fitted.

IMG_2682_zpsjivhreix.jpg

And a picture of one of the bombs.

IMG_2683_zpsincuvnev.jpg

That is it for now. Hope to do some more work this week.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

The old torture of Death by a Thousand cuts finds its moden day equivalent .......... Death by a thousand Eduard bf 110 parts.

Now you can see why i did a wheels up forced landing for the 110 single type G/B earlier this year , all that p.e whent in the bin :)

• Like 1

Thanxs Mish.

I have changed the rear mg started to paint it and hope to put it in tomorrow, so the canopy can go on.

The mg has lost its barrel that will be placed (with a small pin) after painting. I am still thinking if I leave the front cockpit open or that I close it.

I have also given the coolers a smear of filler to blend them more in.

Hopefully more tomorrow.

Cheers,

Hi Guys,

The model is almost ready for some paint. This will be started in the second week of december, when I have more time for painting.

The only thing now to do is put on the masks for the canopies. This will take place just before I start painting.

All those small parts to do take up a lot of building time.

But here are some pictures of what has been done.

First was the mg modified, so I can place the barrel later. And the canopies are placed.

I have decided to close the rearcanopie and the front will be open.

The modified mg.

IMG_2695_zpsveo5bwkp.jpg

the canopies placed.

IMG_2696_zpslcsk1v8h.jpg

IMG_2697_zpsm75hubd8.jpg

And some pictures of the quickboost exhausts. They are looking very good.

IMG_2700_zpsm480cnjf.jpg

IMG_2699_zps0h4kyuvn.jpg

IMG_2698_zpslowwkfk1.jpg

They are just placed temporarily for the pictures.

Also the resin wheels from Eduard are put together for the painting later.

I have also modefied the undercarriage. I have added a small piece of sprue so The undecarrriage will be more rugged.

I forgot to take pictures of this.

There are loads of small parts that stay of the model till the painting has been done.

Cheers,

• Like 2

Still nothing done. Luckely I have finished my F-5A for the F-5 STGB and can push now forward with this one.

Hope to give some updates very soon.

Cheers,

• Like 3

Finally the painting has started. The first thing done this morning was masking the canopies. Luckely I have a masking set with the kit. This saved a lot of time. The parts of the canopie that stays open have I masked on both sides.

Here are a few pictures.

After masking.

IMG_2718_zpsmljws4wm.jpg

IMG_2719_zps603er9os.jpg

The canopies were painted with RLM02 first.

And the underside painted in RLM65. I used Gunze (H67) for this.

IMG_2720_zpsqcwdomsd.jpg

I also painted the front spinners white and a few small parts that are going on later with RLM02 and RLM65.

Hopefully I can do one of the topside colours tomorrow.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

And I have done the top camouflage this morning (or was it night?!) I have airbrushed it free hand.

Here are some pictures.

The first colour to go on was RLM02. I used for this Gunze H70. The colour on the wings is difficult to see because of the greenish plastic.

IMG_2721_zps3zvb7kfx.jpg

IMG_2722_zpsvidxive7.jpg

As you can see I also done already some motteling.

And the second colour used is RLM71. This was Gunze H64.

IMG_2723_zpsrvuwybot.jpg

IMG_2724_zpsugc2jvmw.jpg

IMG_2725_zpsvlqiswpj.jpg

IMG_2726_zps02tdcnda.jpg

I have put on some motteling on the engine covers after looking at a picture of the aircraft I am building.

I also noticed that the wing camo wasn't with a hard edge. That gave me the decision to do it freehand.

Overall I am quite happy with the paint scheme.

Now it will need a coat of Klear for the decals. I will do this later this day.

This will dry for a few days before I will start the decalling.That will be at least after the weekend.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 7

The decals are on. I used a combination of Aeromaster, superscale and the kit decals.

the Aeromaster ones was for the scheme with exeption of the S9 code. these were to square. I used instead some from a Superscale set. The stencilling was from the eduard set.

Here are some pictures.

IMG_2727_zpszouqvl2s.jpg

IMG_2728_zps5zroslnf.jpg

IMG_2729_zps4pqs11vl.jpg

IMG_2730_zpsakejt3np.jpg

I will have some time this weekend to do some more. I hope she is finished next week.

Cheers,

• Like 1

And finally the last painting done after given it a panel wash.

Here are the pictures.

IMG_2731_zps3paimiw6.jpg
IMG_2732_zps6znvrqwq.jpg

IMG_2733_zpshi3rtul4.jpg

IMG_2735_zps0p4ius1y.jpg

Still need to do some work on this, but the end is in sight. Need tomorrow to remove the masking and then we can go on.

All the small parts still needs to go on before she is finished.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1