General Aircraft Hotspur series

diamant

Hi to all,
Again, a new series is finished. My father has completed the lastes Hotspurs. We would like to thanks as I mentioned before specially to Jed and Alaistar for his help on this project.
Please find below the list of all the models included in this series
1) General Aircraft Hotspur MkII BT479 Royal Aircraft Establishment - July 1942
2) General Aircraft Hotspur Mk II BT771 AFEE Jun 1942
3) General Aircraft Hotspur Mk I BV136
4) General Aircraft Hotspur Mk II BV 199
5) General Aircraft Hotspur Mk II Empire Flying School 1946
6) General Aircraft GAL 48B Hotspur II B Twin MP486/G
7) General Aircraft Hotspur MkII BT615 - No.2 Glider Training School - RAF Weston - June 1942
8) General Aircraft Hotspur MkII BT823 - No.3 Glider Training School - RAF Wellesbourne Mountford circa - late 1946
9) General AircraftHotspur MkII BT572 - No.1 Glider Training School - RAF Croughton. - Sept. 1942
10) General Aircraft Hotspur MkII BT671 - Glider Pilot Exercise Unit - RAF Netheravon. - Nov. 1942
11) General Aircraft Hotspur MkII BT889 - No.5 Glider Training School, August 1945
12) General Aircraft Hotspur MkII HH255 - No.4 Glider Training School - RAF Kidlington Oct. 1942
13) General Aircraft Hotspur MkII HH522 - No.3 Glider Training School - RAF Stoke Orchard - late 1943
14) General Aircraft Hotspur MkII HH120 - No.3 Glider Training School - June 1945
15) General AircraftHotspur MkII BT610 - No.4 Glider Training School - RAF Kidlington- Sept. 1942
16) General Aircraft Hotspur MkII BT480 - Central Landing Establishment - May 1941
Here are the final photos of all the Hotspur together

411872383.jpg
411872386.jpg
411872387.jpg
411872388.jpg
411872379.jpg
411872381.jpg
411872400.jpg
411872380.jpg
411872389.jpg
411872382.jpg
411872402.jpg
411872401.jpg
I hope you like them.
We are close to finish all the British Gliders of our collection. My father is working on a new Horsa (13) with SEAC markings.
Cheers
Santiago
  • Like 19

Raoul and Santiago,

What an achievment you have shown that the assault gliders, especially the Hotspur are colourful subjects that deserve a better showing. I'm proud to have been involved with this project.

Alastair

Unbelivable....

You should give at least link at RFI forum - many spectators are not watching the WWII forum. More peaple should have opportunity to see this. I am deeple impressed how many painting schemes you have founds!

Congratulations!

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM

Hi guys,

Many thanks for your comments.

One question though: where do you put all those lovely finished models - it must be in the hundreds of them by now?

That is a good question. We have 715 models, 118 models to be re built and 588 kits.

We have two big displays cabinets with 2 modules per display cabinet.

Here is a photo of one module

411908174.jpg

Those photos look like the night before D-Day

.Yes, the group{s photos are the one I do like more. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Raul and Santiago,

What an achievment you have shown that the assault gliders, especially the Hotspur are colourful subjects that deserve a better showing. I'm proud to have been involved with this project.

Alastair

Thanks your my friend. Many thanks for supporting us during this journey. We are about to finish the British Glider sub collection and it is even better than I could imagine. It is time to focus on the single seat gliders (the less know subjet for us).

Unbelivable....

You should give at least link at RFI forum - many spectators are not watching the WWII forum. More peaple should have opportunity to see this. I am deeple impressed how many painting schemes you have founds!

Congratulations!

Jerzy-Wojtek

Many thanks. To be honest, two of our friends (Jed and Alaistar) have involved on the search of these gliders and the less known schemes. Jed made for us a 3 draw views of each one with all the details to make them the more accurate as possible. We started thinking about this series at least 2 years ago.

Cheers

Santiago

Hi Santiago

Any tips for me with one Novo Hotspur!?

I'd like to know if someone is secretly using the old Frog moulds, because I for one have several on my wish list.

I don't have any tips but I'm pretty sure the Nov Hotspur is the Frog Hotspur.

Hi Santiago

Any tips for me with one Novo Hotspur!?

I'd like to know if someone is secretly using the old Frog moulds, because I for one have several on my wish list.

The main issue with the Frog/Novo kit is that the wings are too far forward and the fuselage is a bit short. To be honest, very little is where it should be but overall it's not that bad.

The other issue is the undercarriage legs - they are nothing like the real thing.

• 1 month later...

Santiago -- to echo all of the others - I am very very impressed. Nicely photographed.

I have one question though -- I'm planning on a Hotspur Mk I to be adapted from the Ark Models Hotspur Mk II (ex Frog/Novo I believe) and have searched high and low for plans of the Mk I - finding only a plan view (from below) silhouette in Scale Models International Feb '88 issue, pg. 88.

Were you able to come up with something better? Like top or side views of the Mk I? (I'm presuming there are no after market parts for the Mk I -- I certainly looked through many Google results without success)

Eric