Mini Drill bits

paul178

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I have been donated a 12v mini drill bit no bits. My question is where can I get a selection either on the high street or by post. I do not use PayPal so that puts some I have found out of the question. Any Ideas folks,also Is there a best quality brand that I should look for?

I was going to say look on Ebay but you don't use paypal...

Basically look for HSS Drill bits like these - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002NH8MX0/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004CLNURI&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1FG10RTZ7XXA836MFBEV

I've had a couple of sets (not of that brand though, some other generic brand) and they've lasted me a number of years (read over 10yrs), I only recently replaced my previous set because I lost a few bits.

Although obviously depending on what sort of drill you've got you may need to buy additional chucks (or whatever, I forget the technical term for the brass part Dremels and my multi-tool have) to hold the smaller bits.

Local street markets might be an idea, my local town market has in the past had a "tools" guy and he iirc had similar bit sets.

No idea about bricks and mortar stores (I'm thinking of what our US Friends call Local Hobby Stores (LHS's)) because I live in North Essex and we don't seem to do that sort of thing round here, although I guess little indy RC shops might...

Edited by Raven Morpheus

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum. I don't know if you have a Boyes department store near you. Some of them tend to have good craft sections & sell what you need at a reasonable price.

It's worth a try with them

Regards adrian

• Like 1