Things can sometimes get out of hand and a break gives you room to consider alternatives.

Those resin wheels look the ticket.

The kit one's are a bit of a shambles.

Nice work Dan.

foxy :coolio:

Things can sometimes get out of hand and a break gives you room to consider alternatives.

Those resin wheels look the ticket.

The kit one's are a bit of a shambles.

Nice work Dan.

foxy :coolio:

Think its probably a smart move to step back from any potential plastic explosions.

Kev

What they said!

Coming together nicely looking like a M60 now

Roger

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan,

Have you been slacking with this build or have you been working in secret?

Al

Cheers For looking in Al ,

I've been lacking in the build dept fella that's for sure, life issues have got in the way once more.

But I have done a bit to the build, I'll get some pictures up this weekend :)

Cheers

Dan

A long overdue update, running gear and a few other fittings are done, well ..almost

The other bracket for the smoke discharger is done and the welds added.

P1030142_zpsuqnlx4e9.jpg

P1030150_zpsrfozje3o.jpg

Top loading air filers from the Verlinden set cleaned up and details being added.

P1030147_zpsxxdvv9ah.jpg

P1030146_zps9zyjtchf.jpg

And the road wheels

P1030140_zpsedspgwkt.jpg

P1030139_zpsd8xuhznx.jpg

Wind sensor added to its mast.

P1030143_zpsdzbwhjjh.jpg

P1030149_zps5fgawwzz.jpg

Enjoy

Dan

• Like 6

Looking really good. You've brought that to life for sure.

One tip if I may?

You are using resin copies of the standard aluminum wheel. The way to tell aluminum from steel is the molded in ribs around the rim.

You have a steel wheel in the rearmost position on the left. As I recall, I was infantry so, no first hand knowledge, the crews placed the steel wheel in the first ground position as that wheel takes the most pounding during operations.

*Truth be told the first and last wheels were usually steel, I checked with my son. He was a Navy Corpsman assigned to the US Marine 6th Tank Battalion during Desert Storm. Lots more experience than I.*

Looking forward to more!

G

• Like 1

Looking good Dan, not sure youre heart is in it though, not enough green and black for you!!!

Still, it will be another masterpiece when its completed.

Nick

You are right Nick, was thinking of parking this build for the time being and having a crack at some

Brit armour. But as I'm not far from the end with this one so i'm going to hang in for the moment and see the project through.

Anyway some pictures for you all , the tracks are just place keepers and none of the road wheels are glued yet.

agent G cheers for the info on the road wheels, I should have all of the Alloy wheels but for some reason the box I bought has one steel wheel in it, I think a slight issue from packing the set up at the factory, I think I'll use it on a first road wheel station.

P1030157_zpszkrj3btb.jpg

P1030156_zps9oi0r6lu.jpg

P1030155_zps47zqmi42.jpg

P1030154_zpsymnqtp14.jpg

P1030153_zpslgsbz2cw.jpg

P1030152_zpswu40j6hq.jpg

P1030151_zps7slzqeqr.jpg

P1030149_zps5fgawwzz.jpg

This was back In its box 2 hours ago and I was looking at another Chieftain conversion :)

Enjoy

Dan

• Like 4

Its looking good Dan, as usual, stick with it mate, the end result will be worth it.( as always!!)

Centurion???????

Mmmmhh ... A Centurion, Possible :)

So on to the tracks, I think that the Fruil tracks might be a real headache to get the tension right,

The M60 uses live tracks so minimal sag on the top run, I have no way of tensioning the tracks with this kit

so 'll have a crack at the Bronco indi links, they look real nice.

P1030169_zpspeyj8ulo.jpg

P1030170_zpso1zjg0uk.jpg

P1030171_zpsjnh24r3x.jpg

P1030172_zpsbd7d1mey.jpg

More later, off to put a small run of these together.

Dan

• Like 1

A bit of a problem ........... The Bronco Tracks don't fit the sprocket at all which is a small issue,

Further searching on the internet the general feedback is that don't actually fit any kit ??

not even close, I've also checked them against the AFV Club M88, Esci M60 and the Academy M60 Sprockets to no avail although the M88

was close.

P1030174_zpszkrreill.jpg

P1030173_zpspaxzbgzg.jpg

P1030175_zps9ioja9ej.jpg

Next option the AFV Club tracks

Dan

Sorry to hear about the tracks, real bummer, i remember i had some trouble with the sherman tracks once and i thought it was just me but obviously not! Well your models still going superbly so dont let that dampen down the excellent work you're doing!

• Like 1