Italeri tiffy *finished*

Joss

So I started making this one last year and had stopped... I think it was because of the wing root? (Or something else caught my attention).
I though as this thread was going and I was wasting time waiting for the filler to dry, I would try and finish it! It's gonna be a slow burner while I finish the p39.

Pictures.
IMG_20151111_202127_zps48dbgtca.jpg
The cockpit colour looks nasty as well and I have even finished the inside...

Let's see if we can save it!
Joss

Edited by Joss

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I had glued the wings together with drilling the holes for the underwing rockets?

So I've been marking and drillimg, not sure how accurate but the locating pins fit so I'm happy.

IMG_20151120_232636_zpsf5v5rngd.jpg

You can do it Joss

Thanks mish I think this ones hopefully going to be easier than the p39!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Model has been primed,

IMG_20151202_172648_zpsmzxahho4.jpg

IMG_20151202_172636_zpsx7cckg7t.jpg

Primer still shows abit more sanding in places

IMG_20151202_172742_zpslrtrdiaa.jpg

IMG_20151202_172816_zpsxgkatroj.jpg

IMG_20151202_172804_zpsljuxskra.jpg

It's ashame about the instep around the cockpit but abit more sanding will fix it hopefully

Thanks for looking

Edited by Joss
  • Like 1

I sanded down and reprimed the offending blemishes. I also gave a few of the panel lines a little scrap out as I had almost sanded them away!

I masked for the invasion stripes and layed down the white. Not 100% happy might give it a light buff and spray another layer.

IMG_20151203_1611292_zps34p9b8vo.jpg

You are getting there. After a panellwash it will almost dissapear.

Cheers,

Hey arniec yeah that's what I'm hoping for! Hopefully it won't show up the mistakes!

It's progressing

Thanks mish, its moving along quite nicely. As long as I don't get distracted I should get it finished with plenty of time to spare!

A bit more progress since last post.

I have finished the invasion stripes and masked them.

IMG_20151207_213919_zpsvtjezp73.jpg

Wheels are painted ( I might give them another coat of black)

IMG_20151207_1906132_zpsgtjfbcpf.jpg

And the rocket launchers? Have been made. Not sure what colours to paint them any ideas?

IMG_20151207_213826_zpsdvhtej1v.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I built this kit this year, it's a good kit of potentially the best ground attack aircraft of WW2 and a favourite of mine. Yours is coming along nicely, look forward to seeing it completed.

• Like 1

My 3rd favourite WW2 a/c, looking good.

For future reference, if you forget to open up the mouting holes, try holding the wing up to a strong light - sometimes the holes will show as brighter spots that you can mark and then drill. At least, it's worked the 3 or 4 times I've had to do it. :banghead:

• Like 1

Looking good Joss

Thanks mish!

I built this kit this year, it's a good kit of potentially the best ground attack aircraft of WW2 and a favourite of mine. Yours is coming along nicely, look forward to seeing it completed.

She is a lovely plane and I can't wait to get her finished thanka for the kind words.

My 3rd favourite WW2 a/c, looking good.

For future reference, if you forget to open up the mouting holes, try holding the wing up to a strong light - sometimes the holes will show as brighter spots that you can mark and then drill. At least, it's worked the 3 or 4 times I've had to do it. :banghead:

Thanks rob! That's a good tip. I'll have to give it a try next time because knowing me I will make the same mistake again.

Hi guys I was after a little advice I've tried spraying the upper surfaces but the airbrush is spraying funny like it sploching? Any suggestions as to what I can do? the paint is same as im using premixed ak stuff that was fine and consistant.

As seen here;

IMG_20151217_135512_zpslqoa9m47.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the cast is off and my hand is operational again!

So I thought as I was so close to finishing this I would try and finish it!

I've got the ocean grey down now, so just masking and the dark green to go :D

IMG_20160109_180755_zpsgkqwp2a0.jpg

Thanks for looking

Joss

• Like 1

It looks like its progressing now :)

The grey has been shading and the green layed down and shaded.

Here is she is with the masks off!

IMG_20160113_161228_zps99uxsnbo.jpg

IMG_20160113_161441_zpshdxnijhh.jpg

IMG_20160113_161308_zps625wgn0k.jpg

The grey on the underside needs shading then a gloss coat and the decals can go on to be followed with weathering!

Thanks for looking

Joss

• Like 2