Airfix 2016 announcement put back to Monday 16th Nov.

Rob P

Was that it then? The big announcement? More or less a repeat of what we knew already. :sleep_1: :sleep_1:.Other than the Aston Martin is there anything that wasn't already announced in the Yearbook? Now getting "page unavailable" for the Airfix web site. Guess it has crashed due to thousands of eager modellers trying to access it at once!! :D

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

Hey Guys there is always next time, like before Christmas.

Do not be too disappointed, I think Airfix is doing agreat job bring us lots of nice new plastic, along with other companies as well. I am sure like most of us I cannot keep up with it finanically never mind building the models.

We certainly are living a huge revival period for models, and they just keep getting better and better.

Ali

• Like 11

28 new/variants of existing kits, Not too shabby. Fortunately I only am interested in 12 of them. Wonder what markings the Ju87/Gladiator schemes will be . Malta (Was there not a recent posting on this possibility)? Cypress? Middle East? Norway? Belgium? Did the RAF use the Gladiator in combat in Europe/UK?

So Airfix have abandoned a new 1/48 Spitfire tool per year? Could have even done some low hanging fruit like a Spitfire Vc or Va from their recent releases. :weep:

Building up momentum for next years 4 new Spitfire kits. (all Griffon motored versions)

• Like 3

Hey Guys there is always next time, like before Christmas.

Do not be too disappointed, I think Airfix is doing agreat job bring us lots of nice new plastic, along with other companies as well. I am sure like most of us I cannot keep up with it finanically never mind building the models.

We certainly are living a huge revival period for models, and they just keep getting better and better.

Ali

Fair point Ali! :D

I will pre order those that interest me anyway - just as soon as the Airfix site is working again. Seems to have crashed for some reason!. By the way, I am still trying to catch up with the 2015 releases!!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

I just went onto the "New for 2016" and got this

We are updating our website

We are currently upgrading our website, we hope to be back very soon. Thank you for your patience and we apologise for any inconvenience.

So maybe more to come?

• Like 2

While I think what Airfix has done so far is awesome, and I even like a couple kits in the 2016 range, I still hold out hope for a new Anson or Fairey Battle or Bird Dog or etc. etc. etc. :D

I think not getting what each of us hoped for is not the end of the world (obviously) and, if anything, it allows one to look towards the near (and distant) future knowing that this company will still have many of their older kits that they can retool (and new ones to be done as well)!!

Roll on Airfix, roll on! :D

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 3

28 new/variants of existing kits, Not too shabby. Fortunately I only am interested in 12 of them. Wonder what markings the Ju87/Gladiator schemes will be . Malta (Was there not a recent posting on this possibility)? Cypress? Middle East? Norway? Belgium? Did the RAF use the Gladiator in combat in Europe/UK?

It was used in the Norway campaign, in France and one squadron used it in the Battle of Britain. A FAA squadron used the Sea Gladiator during the BoB as well.

• Like 1

Im very grateful for what we have and modellers are supposed to be patient im sure there will be plenty more in time, as for a 48th Vc spit the Tamiya Kit is excellent.

Cannot wait for the Victor Whitley and B-17 :)

The yearbook shows a the 1/32 Ford GT40

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2016/airfix-yearbook-2016.html

Its mentioned as a resissue (I cant see it on the website at the moment as a current kit), but not on the 29 kits for 2016, so there must be more to come (at some point).

• Like 1

see a subtle price hike has come in, series 2's are now £1 more, series 4&5&6 £2 series 8&9 £3 more, spose that explaisn why the victor is so expensive, proably would have been 49.99 if released under this current pricing system

Edited by PhantomBigStu

The yearbook shows a the 1/32 Ford GT40

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2016/airfix-yearbook-2016.html

Its mentioned as a resissue (I cant see it on the website at the moment as a current kit), but not on the 29 kits for 2016, so there must be more to come (at some point).

Hi Rich, you had me going there, the GT 40 being my all time favourite car and a new 32nd scale kit would have been brilliant, alas it is a repop of the Ford 3 litre GT, still a nice looking car but it's not a 40.

Hmm, some nice models, but no Buccaneer, Phantom or even a first stab at an F-35.

Airfix seem to be repositioning themselves as a mainly WW2 model company, it seems. If it works for their business plan, so be it, I suppose.

Would rather them do that than cease to exist. And no doubt an occasional gem will pop up.