Blackbird Avro Manchester Mk.I (Airfix Lanc conversion)

woody37

Managed to get plenty of time at the bench today, so weathering done and masks off!

60_zpsev7zfezj.jpg

61_zpsm8mi95zm.jpg

62_zps9hksxf9d.jpg

63_zps1gtokecp.jpg

such a HUGE step forward here and then you didn't show your awesome techniques :)

I already liked the panel stressing with the slighty lighter base color, so if you have the time and/or desire to go explain your weathering techniques I would GREATLY appreciate that :)

What materials were used and how did you apply?

Thanks mate,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Neil, fantastidc work, she looks the biz. I've admired your work for a long while and if I could do half as good as you, then I would be a very happy modeller. It was good to catch up with you recently. Pity we only had a couple of hours in which to chat...

Colin

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just noticed your reply using the new functions on Britmodeller....I'm a bit slow! Really enjoyed our meet up, yes could of done a full weekend with all the chatting we did, never really got round to touring the museum properly!

cheers

On 2/10/2016 at 2:25 PM, philtn said:

such a HUGE step forward here and then you didn't show your awesome techniques :)

I already liked the panel stressing with the slighty lighter base color, so if you have the time and/or desire to go explain your weathering techniques I would GREATLY appreciate that :)

What materials were used and how did you apply?

Thanks mate,

Sorry mate, I know this is a little late but only just noticed your question when I was converting all the pics from Photobucket (Grrrr!!) to flickr.

After getting the base colour down, I simply used masking tape against each panel line (and additional rivet line created) with a slightly lightened based colour (lightened using white) and lightly airbrushed against the tape to create a perceived oil canning effect. This was done both horizontally and vertically. It takes some time, but well worth it I think.

• Like 1