Blackbird Avro Manchester Mk.I (Airfix Lanc conversion)

woody37

Yeah I see what you mean Neil,.......that mid upper turret really does ruin it for me too,.........I don`t like it now!! NOT!!!,......I LOVE IT!

This has to be your best yet,......fantastic modelling!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

She's a look pretty darned good Neil

Is it the slight sheen at the back of the turret?

A wafting of Tamiya TS-80? ( I think its TS-80) would flat that right back if you just mask it with paper and dampened tissue I reckon

As I said, pretty, very and amazingly good pretty

I loves it, that is a beauty

• Like 1

Cheers guys :)

She's a look pretty darned good Neil

Is it the slight sheen at the back of the turret?

A wafting of Tamiya TS-80? ( I think its TS-80) would flat that right back if you just mask it with paper and dampened tissue I reckon

As I said, pretty, very and amazingly good pretty

I loves it, that is a beauty

Hi Bill,

Not it's the tidiness of how the vac turret is mated to the plastic ring that it sits on. I used Solar trim at the base of the turret but may take it off.

Absolutely gorgeous finish Woody, I would be extremely pleased if my models came out that good

Kev, you're models do come out fantastic, you continually set benchmarks with your builds :)

Beautiful, a real inspiration, the finish is firstclass.
Cees

Cheers Cees. I registered on Large Scale Models, but couldn't post on your build, not sure if I should get an email once validated.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not been doing much since going back to work, real life again!

This is where it's up to so far, started to put the bits together. I got the etched plate off Ebay for less than £2 which you can't complain about. I'll be using the static grass applicator for the grass either side of the dispersal concrete and hoping to put a fence in at the back which may well of been there looking at war time photo's of the eastern dispersal areas at Waddington. In hind sight, I would of opened the door and hatches, but I'm not even going to attempt that now! I'm tempted at the moment to just leave the aircraft as it is and use the base for a Lanc where I can open the access areas up, I've got a Freightdog set to do a Tallboy conversion which I'm looking forwards too, in part because the conversion isn't really a conversion and there is one less turret to do!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 16

Congratulations Neil, another masterpiece. I like the Diorama layout. I used to ride one of those DB tractors at Culdrose when I was misemployed onthe pig farm...

Colin

• Like 1

Cees

If that is the HK fuselage being converted to the Manchester then I am pulling up my chair in anticipation of great things to come . . . :popcorn:

Here are a few photos how I went about scratch building my Manchester wings and engines

23927044034_c36e2dec5a_z.jpg

23927044674_8e3938efb0_z.jpg

24472920331_b888a0397b_z.jpg

23928408693_20006cbec4_z.jpg

23927044264_4401e432c4_z.jpg

Edited by Mancunian airman
  • Like 8

Thanks for posting those pics on how to build the engines, been tempted to do a 1/48 conversion unless anyone has a Paragon set they want to donate for a reasonable price.

Actually done some modelling today, got the base started and some paint on the ground vehicles. The base needs more work yet, but happy with how it's looking so far...

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 23