SMW 2015 Quickie- Luna 1/350 Rocketship

Greetings SF & RS BMers, I have returned from SMW2015 with a large haul and found this in there so what better way to reduce the stash than a quickie build and practise my Alclad skills.

First off, ye actual box

box1.jpg

Sprue singular, note clever tabs to protect needle sharp nose and very, very shiny plastic.

sprue.jpg

Portholes in with odourless cyano, injector pin marks filled with cyano/dental resin powder

sinkandportholes.jpg

All sealed up but with a prominent seam that I'm trying out this black cyano also scored at SMW. Allegedly it dries rock hard and sands/scribes well- could be an alternative to the voodoo cyano/resin powder mix I use.

blackcyano.jpg

Well that was an entertaining one and half hours, bed time now and lets see how my flex-i-files cope with the new filler tomorrow.

Cheers

Anil the Space Newbie

• Like 1

Not sure on the cyano, as the flexable stuff I use has rubber in it for the flexability so maybe better to stick with the old way, talc/acrylic resin and normal superglue

edit, bit late now, but a good way to make people think it's metal, apart from the Alclad is to fill the body with lead so when it's picked up it has weight to it

Much remedial seam work, new black cyano is ok but no better than zapagap/resin powder but it was a good idea at the time. Tried out one of my other SMW 2015 purchases , an RP Toolz punch set, to create some porthole masks. The quality of this and its sister small punch set is staggering even though I paid over the odds at SMW. Makes the Waldron stuff look like medieval blacksmiths tools.

rpandmasks.jpg

After lessening the fin gaps with Mr dissolved putty and levelling thinners (and getting Mr Splitting Headache), polished everything with 4000 micromesh for final Alclad priming. Knocked up an alien world base using some scrap card , perfect putty and Rustall dirt. Me thinks this may end up as the Red Planet

baseandbuilt.jpg

Good night Planet Earth

Anil

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...