Hi all

Here is my finished Towed Rapier diorama. It depicts the Rapier display I saw and had an opportunity to 'play with' at the 1979 RAF Waddington when I was an RAF recruit going through basic training.

fin-1_zpstxsoid10.jpg

fin-2_zpsio16mth0.jpg

fin-3_zpsthygvmfy.jpg

fin-4_zpsq8exejgq.jpg

fin-5_zps7ntkt7rh.jpg

• Like 14

Very well done. I like the figure having a brew.

• Like 1

And the last few.

fin-11_zpsokn2xa8l.jpg

fin-12_zpsxmsmsngq.jpg

fin-13_zpsaqmpddfl.jpg

fin-14_zpsq8s9njup.jpg

fin-15_zpstkblnbql.jpg

It wasn't until I took these pictures that I noticed that the superglue I used has fogged a couple of the mudguards, something I shall have to fix.

• Like 8

Very nice, Mick, but for added realism the figure should have had "two-tone" lightweights from where the outside is lighter from being pressed to death repeatedly.

Seriously though, very nicely done.

Edited by Fatman24834154
  • Like 1

Phil, He bulled his boots up as he was on show to the public :winkgrin:

Dave - Do you mean that you never ironed the inside - shame on you I always ironed both sides of my No 1 and No 2 trousers. :winkgrin: I tried making decals for the RAF Regiment arm badges and rank slides but they didn't come out very well.

Batcode - thanks.

Dave - Do you mean that you never ironed the inside - shame on you I always ironed both sides of my No 1 and No 2 trousers. :winkgrin: I tried making decals for the RAF Regiment arm badges and rank slides but they didn't come out very well.

Batcode - thanks.

I did, but I have seen some who looked like court jesters after using too much spray starch to get sharp creases. I always used wonder web on the inside for really sharp creases and they were really quick and easy to do. Edited by Fatman24834154

I tried wonder web for my no 2s. I was never issued with lightweights, they only seemed to be issued to the regiment and the tactical comma team. My mate sewed the crease into his.