WNW Christmas suprise release?

sinnerboy

So what's you're guess?

personally I hope it something not already announced as future releases, ie the late 'Ninak' or Camel.

would love to see a Dolphin, Spad XIII or SSW DIII/IV.

although I'm sure with the prolific release rate they have, they will be kitted somewhen!

what I would really love is for them to branch out into interwar stuff :Tasty: still musn't be greedy, plenty more Great War subjects still to do yet :thumbsup:

that would be good, well they've started the ball rolling with the Salmson, so I'm sure there must be more French types to come, plenty to chose from! Caudron R11 any one ?????

that would be good, well they've started the ball rolling with the Salmson, so I'm sure there must be more French types to come, plenty to chose from! Caudron R11 any one ?????

Considering WNW choices so far, I really doubt about French participation in WWI.

When they started out (IIRC) WNW said they would not kit types that were already reasonably represented in 1/32. Now that they are doing a Camel (as already done by Hobbycraft/Academy) perhaps that constraint no longer applies? In which case, bring on the Fokker Dr1, Albatros DIII, SPAD VII/XIII, Nieuport 17.... but we really need a Dolphin and a DH5!

Richard in NZ

I would not be surprised to see them release the Camel for Christmas. Yes, it's officially a 2016 release...but I have serious doubts about the sales of both the Felixstowe and AEG.

But it would not be alone. 2014 seemed to be the Year of German Two-Seaters. I'm betting on something similar for the Allies. A Be2c, Armstrong-Whitworth FK.8, and Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter would be obvious options.

And if they do single-seaters, I'd concur that a DH5 would be high priority given the Australian connection.

As to French aircraft, a Hanriot HD1 would fit...it's a major combat type that doesn't get a lot of publicity. Precisely the sort of subject WNW likes.

Edited by HMSLion

And if they do single-seaters, I'd concur that a DH5 would be high priority given the Australian connection.

I'd have thought most British modellers would be clamoring for an HD.1, given the Belgian connection.

I would love them to give us a BE2C, such an elegant aircraft that would fit in really well with the rest of their range.

Agree on the BE2 and maybe the Bristol Scout - Lanoe Hawker's aircraft(s) for example?

Antoine, I think that the lack of French aircraft is because the popular ones - SPAD VII and XIII, Nieuport 17 and 28 - have already been done by other manufacturers (refer my earlier post above). The WNW Salmson is beautiful, n'est-ce pas?

Richard in NZ

Yes, those Frenchies do not seem to be high on Sir Peter's wish-list - unfortunately! I would love to see some, like the above mentioned Caudron C.11, or a Breguet XIV, or a Morane-Saulnier BB - and many more! But most of the other wishes posted here do meet my taste too. I might add a DH.4 to complement that list: RR- and Liberty-powered versions, british and US, war and post-war... But probably I will be happy with anything, WnW will give us - like all those years before.

Richard

Edited by RHWinter

Oh, I think they'll do French subjects. But WNW has a habit of doing the less well-known aircraft. I don't see them offering a Handley Page bomber for a long time, as I think neither the AEG nor the Felixstowe sold well. Once you crack the $200 barrier, sales drop off.

I'm thinking Be2c, would not be surprised to see the Camel as a surprise. Armstrong Whitworth FK.8 or Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter. Hanriot HD.1. DH-5. DH-4, for that matter.