Mach2 1/72 PBR 31 Mk.II 'Pibber'

Smudge

Re: Weathering the interior.....I'd be inclined to use subtle dry-brushing on a few edges and details (a paler version of basecoat first, followed by panzer-grey, used very sparingly over the first paler layer, to represent chipping), but I'd do the vast majority with various washes, after all, it gets pretty wet (& oily) on a boat. :nerd:

A nice 'Nam detail touch is to get a couple of lengths of fine brass wire, as close to the scale calibre of your weapons as possible, then cut them up into lengths that approximately represent a scale spent cartridge and liberally sprinkle them around the fighting compartment, seal them down with varnish or PVA (optionally adding an extra oil-wash) and bingo, you have a reasonable representation of a 'mad half-minute' on the Mekong Delta! :rambo:

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind comments guys. Yes, the old 50 cals have come out ok. I would still like some nice resin or preferably brass, especially some ammo boxes and some belts of ammo etc. I will have to keep a look out at shows etc.

A nice 'Nam detail touch is to get a couple of lengths of fine brass wire, as close to the scale calibre of your weapons as possible, then cut them up into lengths that approximately represent a scale spent cartridge and liberally sprinkle them around the fighting compartment, seal them down with varnish or PVA (optionally adding an extra oil-wash) and bingo, you have a reasonable representation of a 'mad half-minute' on the Mekong Delta! :rambo:

Sgt, thanks for the weathering tips, I will give it a go. Also thinking about some weathering powders, don't know if they would add anything to what you suggest?

(I watched the You Tube How To video on Humbrol weathering powders on vehicles, looked quite effective??)

If you don't mind me saying, that brass wire idea is brilliant. I was thinking about doing spent cartridges (and ammo belts) but I was thinking of painting some stretched sprue 'brass' and then cutting it up. Using brass wire is obviously going to be much easier and look a lot better.

Cheers for that!

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I won't finish in time Guys. Thanks for all the kind words and advice, esp. Sgt. Squarehead. I will be taking onboard some of your good advice re tips/techniques.

I will post in the Maritime RFI in due course, which will be a first anyway!

Cheers, all the best.

Happy New Year.

ps Sgt. thanks for the above links, that is just what I have been looking for. I will be going stark staring + wibble + feed!

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...