Revell 1:32 Westland Lynx HAS.3

Joesdad

Will watch this with interset. :popcorn: Started mine recently. Going to fold the blades using the scale warship conversion.

Thanks for the interest Ginger. Have you some details on that wing fold set mate as I might be in the market for one...

Looking good. it's nice kit but lacks rivets, see the Aifiix kit in 48th. Archers do sheets of rivets, they'r a doddle to use and you can get form the Historex outlet.

Colin

• Like 1

Looking good. it's nice kit but lacks rivets, see the Aifiix kit in 48th. Archers do sheets of rivets, they'r a doddle to use and you can get form the Historex outlet.

Colin

Cheers Colin.

That might be for another build mate, this one was just something to get the old mojo juices flowing again. A bit of an experiment as its out of my comfort zone, and I got her cheap enough not yo worry to much if it all goes pear shaped. Besides Col I don't know enough about the subject. Have you any experience of the kit? What are the decals like? my lad wants me to do the Black Cats one with all that wrap round decals, I'm not so keen.....

Looks nice, Shame you can't get a HMA-8 in 1/32nd !

Guy

• Like 1

I built this last year & totally destroyed the canopy. I emailed them & confessed my sins, offering to pay for a new part. I got it, free, about a month later with a note inside wishing me luck!

The decals are fine, I didn't go for Black Cats as it looked too fiddly!

• Like 1

Cheers Colin.

That might be for another build mate, this one was just something to get the old mojo juices flowing again. A bit of an experiment as its out of my comfort zone, and I got her cheap enough not yo worry to much if it all goes pear shaped. Besides Col I don't know enough about the subject. Have you any experience of the kit? What are the decals like? my lad wants me to do the Black Cats one with all that wrap round decals, I'm not so keen.....

Hi no problem. If you go into the Group Builds page and look for the Lynx Single Type GB there is a raft of 'Pinned' info on all the Lynx types. Mine is the one with no Main Rotor Gearbox, etc. The decals were good but I'd save the Black Cats decals for your second one if you are non too sure.

Colin

• Like 1

I built this last year & totally destroyed the canopy. I emailed them & confessed my sins, offering to pay for a new part. I got it, free, about a month later with a note inside wishing me luck!

The decals are fine, I didn't go for Black Cats as it looked too fiddly!

I thought so too Phil...

Hi no problem. If you go into the Group Builds page and look for the Lynx Single Type GB there is a raft of 'Pinned' info on all the Lynx types. Mine is the one with no Main Rotor Gearbox, etc. The decals were good but I'd save the Black Cats decals for your second one if you are non too sure.

Colin

Cheers Colin, I'll check it out later mate. As for the decs, you shouldn't shy away for hard work but I kids like the Antartic version...

Joesdad.

Oh Nice. ... awesome choice for a large scale build :thumbsup:

EXEMPLARY and neat start to your build.

Keep up the excellent work. :clap2:

Thanks Houston, I'm running out room I didnt factor in the size of the rotors!! Not used to 32.....

Colin

Colin can put up a link please mate, I can't seem to find the GB.........

I had very same letter for replacement canopy parts for my He111 a year or so ago. The replacement parts turned up after a few weeks so hopefully you'll be back on this soon.

That's what I'm hoping for Marty but Xmas might get in the way...