The Kit:

The model is by Revell and is of the starship USS Voyager; I think the scale is 1/677. I did it as an out-of-the-box build with no extras and no fancy lighting as I don't have a clue about wiring. The nacelles can be positioned in the level position or upright to portray the ship being at warp. A Starfleet emblem display stand and a small shuttlecraft are included, however I have left out the latter.

DSC02408.jpg

DSC02399.jpg

DSC02411.jpg

DSC02400.jpg

DSC02406.jpg

DSC02401.jpg

DSC02404.jpg

DSC02405.jpg

DSC02409.jpg

DSC02410.jpg

Thanks for looking in,

Ross.

Edited by Ravens
  • Like 12

Nice work there Ravens.

Did you mix the colors for the hull as Revell wanted you to?

I did the grey primer & lightly dusted white over it to make the "Starship Grey"

Worked out well for me (for the most part)

Awesome finish.

Wayne.

• Like 1

Nice work there Ravens.

Did you mix the colors for the hull as Revell wanted you to?

I did the grey primer & lightly dusted white over it to make the "Starship Grey"

Worked out well for me (for the most part)

Awesome finish.

Wayne.

Cheers Wayne.

I think I deferred to the Revell instructions for the paints, but it was January when I did this kit so it isn't too fresh in the memory! If I do another Voyager then I think I'll use a different colour for the darker hull plates, as the shade that Revell recommend is barely noticeable next to the lighter grey of the hull on my build.

Ross.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The first time they put a woman in charge of a starship and she gets lost. :banghead: ....... I too have this model although I did put lights in but in the days of 12v mini bulbs and not leds. If I did it again I'd go for better lighting, lots of cutouts for the windows makes a better impression for any starship kit.

Mine is on its plastic stand next to my Enterprise D (on a custom wooden stand).