Billings Dragon tarted up

Hello all

New to B/M and this is my first posting. About 40 years ago my good wife gave me this kit which I assembled to a bare hull stage then promptly forgot about it. More recently, having retired, I decided to finish her up to at least a better looking display model. I do only scratch building these days so I was looking forward to fabricating some of the metalwork needed. Also gave her a planked deck, cabin top, a bit of interior and a fancy Canadian style cradle to rest in.

Anyway, she's done and sits proudly collecting dust on a cabinet.

Frank

11550779166_072ce6a493_b.jpg

11550759573_5b0e7a5a8c_b.jpg

11550617435_5150b4d14b_b.jpg

11550753906_9124b0ed09_b.jpg

• Like 8

Kev

I don't remember now!! I seem to recall that I ran a fine triangular file down the gaps between the planks then used a brown felt tip pen to make the "caulking". But it looks like there's something different in the gaps doesn't it? Let me ponder that one.

I didn't install the iron slug provided for ballast as I never intended to make a sailing model.

Frank

11550647314_dfa8dd5131_c.jpg

• Like 1

There is some very fine woodwork going on there, particularly the lamination's and the decking, what wood is the lower grating out of ?, it looks beautiful. :goodjob:

Thanks all for the kind comments.

Stuck ... the floor grating is cut from some scraps of cocobolo. It's an extremely hard wood and I just wet sand it and apply some polish as a finish.

Frank