"German guys" all over the VC10 at Cosford.?

Dave Fleming

:hmmm: Until we know something for certain, I suggest all talk of a new VC-10 kit resulting from this event remains a triumph of hope over reality.

Allan

ps - better not be 1/144 tiddler scale. Immediate loss of interest! :wicked:

No that's boring, instead lets all get excited about a kit that might not even be coming, and if it is, probably not for ages, and will have accuracy issues, poor fit, be in the wrong scale and too expensive!!

On a personal level I really hope there is one coming and it's a 1/144 tanker version!!

• Like 5

No that's boring, instead lets all get excited about a kit that might not even be coming, and if it is, probably not for ages, and will have accuracy issues, poor fit, be in the wrong scale and too expensive!!

On a personal level I really hope there is one coming and it's a 1/144 tanker version!!

:thumbsup::lol: Aye!! very surprised that the Cyber Warriors have not already put finger to keyboard to rubbish this as yet still hypothetical kit!!

Allan

• Like 3

Its possible that they are looking at doing decals or a conversion kit to take the new Roden Super VC-10 back to a C1. Could be Braz doing the prep work for CGI model to allow Roden or somebody else to do a C-1 kit. We would sort of need confirmation that those guys were actually from Revell before assuming that Revell are doing a new kit.

It is possible, the VC-10 is probably listed on their wish-list website, they will know the price of 2nd hand 1/144 VC-10 market and heave probably been asked about the old Frog kit on numerous occasions. Plus they no doubt monitor sites like this one and know there is a certain level of interest in both a new 1/144 kit and a 1/72nd kit.

Personally I would have liked it if they had measured the C-130K Hercules C-3 next to it as that would probably go down even better in 1/72nd with a new kit to the standard of their recent transports

I don't know if it was the same ones, but there were also two German guys taking lots of pics of the Nimblob R1. As was I, despite taking lots of pics of it every time I go there (& to prevent any more rumours, I have no plans to produce a Nimrod R1 kit in any scale whatsoever!! :P:D )

keefr22, on 11 Nov 2015 - 2:07 PM, said:

I don't know if it was the same ones, but there were also two German guys taking lots of pics of the Nimblob R1. As was I, despite taking lots of pics of it every time I go there (& to prevent any more rumours, I have no plans to produce a Nimrod R1 kit in any scale whatsoever!! :P:D )

Well Nimrod, VC-10, MD-11, DC-10, Caravelle, DC-4,, L-1011, A300, 757, An-225, A340-600 etc... They are all needed in 1/144 :thumbsup:

On a serious note, I think this is a pi$$ take, the guy looks like joe blogs with a pocket tape measure, and a phone photo has been made even lower res to hide who it is so the joke isn't found out... I've never ever seen a photo that bad quality from a modern phone...??

On a serious note, I think this is a wee-wee take, the guy looks like joe blogs with a pocket tape measure, and a phone photo has been made even lower res to hide who it is so the joke isn't found out... I've never ever seen a photo that bad quality from a modern phone...??

It's an enlargement of a pic of the VC10

...and standard general purpose fixes anything tool (known as a hammer to the rest of us).

You've got the nomenclature (good HM forces word that) wrong - it's correctly known as Tool, Percussive Adjustment, General Purpose.

• Like 4

And in the RAF Regiment, (God's finest), one half of the tool kit. The other being a large roll of green, (or black), maskers...

be nice to see a 72 VC-10; think of all the wiffs!

Christian, exiled and thinking of pofflers...

Edited by wyverns4

If this is speed tape T7 have used this to patch up a hole cause by a pterodactyl (Seagull) in a Harrier wing just to get it home. Or in good old liney speak "it will do a trip"

That's not Speed tape (correct nomenclature: Tape, Aluminium, Self-Adhesive), that's just silver gaffer tape, a vastly inferior product to black bodge tape!

If this is speed tape T7 have used this to patch up a hole cause by a pterodactyl (Seagull) in a Harrier wing just to get it home. Or in good old liney speak "it will do a trip"

Seen that done to a GR.3 at RAF Leeming back in 1985... Now I feel really old :weep:

• Like 1