Any suggestions for my next 1:32 build ?

100SQN

Hi,

I'm currently looking to expand on my collection of "small" WWII planes in 1:32 scale

So far I have a Spitfire, Hurricane, Mustang, Corsair and Zero (with a BF109 on its way), but I'm struggling to decide which models to buy next :shrug: P-40 ? P-47 ? SBD Dauntless ?

What would be in your top 10 ?

Cheers,

Simon

Note: I plan to build larger planes such at the Mossie and Lanc in different scales otherwise they wouldn't fit on my shelf :)

I would go with the Dauntless. It's quite different from the other types you have as it's a dive bomber rather than a fighter. Probably look good with the dive brakes open. Don't know much about the 1/32 kits or quality, however it seems the Trumpeter kit has received some good comments.

• Like 1

Arado Ar 196 by Revell; this is, imo, the best-value modelling experience I've had in a long time. It has its faults - canopy design, seatbelts, and a very few sink marks - but these are fixable with aftermarket and/or a little modelling effort. Overall a great kit, especially for the price. The fit of the wings was so good I was able to leave them off until after painting.

• Like 1

I forgot about the Revell AR196, i have one hidden away and it looks a really nicely detailed kit, especially for its low price. I got mine for £17 from Ebay, every now and then the price drops on them, well worth keeping an eye out.

Nick

• Like 2

Special hobby HE100

Special hobby polikarpov i16

Bothe easy builds and defiantely not run of the mill....

Thanks Mark, I wasn't aware you could get the Polikarpov i16 in 1:32

How about one of these for something different?

IAR IAR-81C Romanian fighter

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/FR8001

Or maybe a Silver Wings Gloster Gladiator!

The Trumpeter ME 262 is definitely worth considering as well

Not for me, but thanks for the suggestions :)

How about the Revell He 162 Salamander nice kit and does not take up much room

Other options:

• Hasegawa Ki61 Tony or their J2M3 Raiden (cheaper and a simpler build than the ZM)
  • Trumpeter Grumman F4F-3/4 Wildcat
  • Trumpeter Fairey Swordfish
  • ZM TA 152H-0
  • Trumpeter Ju 87A
  • HK (Hong Kong) Models 1/32 Do 335 - currently two versions available
  • For something really off-beat how about the Fly Model Ba 349a Natter
Edited by VMA131Marine
  • Like 1

Hi

Howabout a 1:32 Tempest,

I think there are two types available, I have one as a future build in the stash, cant recall the make.

or even the old revell 1:32 typhoon Ib

cheers

jerry

Pacific Coast Models released a 1/32 Tempest some time ago; I think it's currently sold out.

Special Hobby are planning a 1/32 Tempest series including the Mk.II and Mk.V but they are not yet available

Pacific Coast Models released a 1/32 Tempest some time ago; I think it's currently sold out.

Special Hobby are planning a 1/32 Tempest series including the Mk.II and Mk.V but they are not yet available

Hi

It must be Special Hobby one I have then, as it was in the sale section of a LHS a few months ago

cheers

jerry

Hi

It must be Special Hobby one I have then, as it was in the sale section of a LHS a few months ago

cheers

jerry

The Special Hobby kit hasn't even hit the market yet so the Pacific Coast Models kit is the only one you could have.