Sword 1:72 Fairey Gannet AEW.3

First post lads. Please let me know what you think good and bad....

EE810AED-B180-4C56-AF54-D528D8183A3A_zps

6FBC9CE2-5BE1-49BC-AEC9-751335D9318C_zps

75E376B2-04D5-433B-9416-AD6CCB08C8D7_zps

Unfortunately I can't seem to load up more than 3 photo's at a time, for some reason I'm having trouble with damn Photobucket.....

Edited by Joesdad
  • Like 64

Yummo! Great job - I can almost smell the salt air!

Matt

• Like 1

Hello,Joesdad - My compliments to you on a grand looking build of your 'Gannet'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work.A fine tribute to this charismatic aircraft.My love to Torquay as well.I enjoyed some wonderful happy holidays with my late parents in Paignton/Torquay.All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Hello,Joesdad - My compliments to you on a grand looking build of your 'Gannet'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work.A fine tribute to this charismatic aircraft.My love to Torquay as well.I enjoyed some wonderful happy holidays with my late parents in Paignton/Torquay.All the best,Paul.

Thanks Paul. I glad you've fond memory's of the Bay .

Next year, June time, there is going to be an air show, a proper one at that. What with the Dawlish show postponed might be a good opportunity for a little seaside break....

• Like 1

A really excellent Gannet. Great markings. That propeller took some doing. Very well done. What paint did you use? Regards.Joe.

• Like 1

Wonderful work. Enough weathering to make it interesting without looking as if it's spend a couple years in the corner of a scrapyard :goodjob:

• Like 1

That's an ugly beast, in the best sense. Really impressive finishing and weathering, in that it's invisible as such – just conveys a totally convincing 'used in service' look.

A lot of modelling skills and a good artist's eye went into that Gannet!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Thanks Paul. I glad you've fond memory's of the Bay .

Next year, June time, there is going to be an air show, a proper one at that. What with the Dawlish show postponed might be a good opportunity for a little seaside break....

Hello,Joesdad - Thank you for you reply.That's a very good idea indeed!!Allthe very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

That's an ugly beast, in the best sense. Really impressive finishing and weathering, in that it's invisible as such – just conveys a totally convincing 'used in service' look.

A lot of modelling skills and a good artist's eye went into that Gannet!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Totally agree with Spitfire, as it was a sea based bird the finish is spot on. Excellent job.

• Like 1