westland scout/wasp

shirty

I had the Airwaves Wasp conversion and the detail sets as well as the vac canopy but decided I would never make it. About 10 months ago, I sold it on eBay for ~US$250 or about GBP170 to a modeller in South Africa and because of a Postal strike there it went missing for about 3 months. We were both panicked, but it turned up eventually.

Let me see I have the old c scale one and the scout must be worth a bob or two but until I see the freight dog one I will keep it (unless someone was to offer stupid money) I do get it out and look at it occasionally but it always seems to go back in the stash

Rodders

It is wonderful how a potetial small amout of plastic formed in a certain way can get grown men excited.

Nigel

That's me then..I can't wait for the Freightdog kit.

As an aside,I converted an Airfix Scout to a Wasp in 1968 or 9. I can't remember what I used for wheels but the undercarriage struts came from the rockets that used to come with the Airfix Hunter F6. No C Scale etc back then unfortunately.

RG

• Like 1

I had the Airwaves Wasp conversion and the detail sets as well as the vac canopy but decided I would never make it. About 10 months ago, I sold it on eBay for ~US$250 or about GBP170 to a modeller in South Africa and because of a Postal strike there it went missing for about 3 months. We were both panicked, but it turned up eventually.

Holy cow! I have the Airwaves conversion set. Obtained it several years ago (cheap for around equiv GBP25) but always with the intention of copying the parts with my own scratchbuilt plastic bits and selling it on for what I paid for it. If there's a kit coming out there may not be a market for it anymore. Maybe its time to get off my chuff and get that Scout converted.

I wonder how many others have gone thru & saved all those photos from the auction. Guilty as charged m'lud. :)

Thanks for the heads up ken.

Steve.

Good idea! You've prompted me to do the same...

Hope this doesn't count as too much of a hijack but I've a wanted post (headlined for a Dart Herald wing and other bits) looking for the windscreen/cabin roof clear part of the Airfix Scout - when that Freightdog kit comes out hopefully someone might have some Airfix parts going spare?

Ross

Edited by rossm