Kinetic F-5B HAF - Finished

Skids

Well had a go and it looks ok.

lovely job so far mate, look forward to the colours going on! I tried a similar pre shading job like that once and it looked great until I kept adding paint and completely nullified it.....i guess you really have to control the layers well.

not sure If I managed to control my layers either. Might have to put some lighter bits on it. Its worth a try.

F-5%2015_zpslvligzqk.jpg

The Akan paints spray nice, not sure they are the right shades. Once I have sprayed them all I will know.

Thanks

Simon

• Like 6

The tones come through on the photo well, just those pesky gloss/matt coats eliminates so much for me, I always find it hard getting the right balance so it still is visible in the end. When I did that technique in all honesty I had to put a good amount of main colour on to tone down the black preshading, which eliminated the white preshading and ended up post shading lighter/darker areas anyways. Never got the hang of the pre paint techniques, ah well, look forward to all colours going on, sure it will be excellent! :)

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 1

Thanks for the vote of confidence mirageiv not sure I have pulled it off though.

Camo done but not sure about it. Its a funny thing as I mask spray, add masks spray etc without seeing all the colours together until I peel it all off.

Think I botched up the camo on the top as I sprayed the final colour too dark and lost all the shading. Oh well it will have to be changed as I go on. But at leastI feel it is coming together now.

F-5%2016_zpsjaw1yv9d.jpg

F-5%2017_zps5qdnnyjg.jpg

More soon

Thanks

Simon

• Like 4

it's look great, with some clever weathering everything should settle down quite nicely. You could always try a spraying a very diluted mix (10:1) of a lighter grey over the top surfaces, this can give a very subtle sun faded effect.

But really it's a very nice paint job and look authentically patchy...well done.

• Like 1

it's look great, with some clever weathering everything should settle down quite nicely. You could always try a spraying a very diluted mix (10:1) of a lighter grey over the top surfaces, this can give a very subtle sun faded effect.

But really it's a very nice paint job and look authentically patchy...well done.

Thanks Chaps, looking at it again I am thinking its ok. Top tip Rich, didn't even cross my mind, will try that out thanks.

Been adding some etch to the seats so will try to get a photo later.

Thanks Andy

I did a little modification on the colours but not too much as re looking at it it wasn't as bad as I thought. Maybe it was stepping away from it and going back another day with fresh eyes! (tried Rich's suggestion and I like it).

Did the seats too but forgot to take a pic. Will post one tonight if I remember

F-5%2018_zps6dniudda.jpg

oh yeah I started the decals too. Getting there now, only a few weeks too go.

more soon

Simon

• Like 3

Thanks Guys

Decals are coming on slow as I am struggling with time. Hopefully a good stint tonight may see them done!!

looks very nice!

photo with decals and interior please!!!!!! ;)

When the decals are done and varnish on I will take a pic of the interior. In the meantime here is that pic of the seats.

F-5%2019_zpstidoiaov.jpg

Thanks

Simon

• Like 3

Thanks Mr B

Its getting there now, had a bit of a mare with the black strip decals on the wings. Not easy to keep straight and after thinking they looked ok last night realised this morning that one is slightly out of place. Is there any way I can "lift" the decal and move it slightly?

Apart from that I have just got to put the rad strips on the rear fuselage and the decals are done.

F-5%2020_zpshvgdydgk.jpg

More soon

Thanks

Simon

Edited by Skids
  • Like 4

They are horrible decals!!! I had lots of trouble with those black strips...if I hadn't need to finish when I did I would have masked and painted them! I found my decals wanted to lift off without any help!

She llooks so good with the decals on!

• Like 1

Looking very good! Hmm with the decal, if you have not sealed them in with anything, I have had success in the past by soaking the decal with water for a while then I could remove it. Cannot remember if it remained intact however!

• Like 1

Rich I was tempted to paint them but I still have the Suu-20 to do.

Thanks mirageiv I will try soaking it over the weekend.

Its my daughters birthday today so doubt I will get much done later. I have finished all the decals now so bit more weathering to be done then I can put it all together.

Simon

• Like 1

Simon just a word of caution from my long list of cocking up things, some paints blemish if you leave water on them for a while, never tried this paint type so maybe test it before to make sure it doesn't leave a big ugly stain and ruin the great paint job!

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 1