Haydon-Baillie's Black Knight

Radpoe Spitfire

Now this could have gone in Civil aircraft as well, but does anyone know if a set of decals-any scale have been produced of his T-33, the Black knight?

I lived in Worksop for a time, and knew his Father worked at the town's hospital( with my Mum), so I'd heard stories that he made a number of flights over the town.

Only asking as I would love to do a model of this special.

Regards adrian

Lowdown27_zpsmge9nogp.jpg

Nope but this might help if you get some custom made.

It may do, I wasn't sure if anyone had done decals- my next course is to look at getting some custom made, thank you for your help.

Regards Adrian.

Technically I think she was a CT-133 being ex Canadian AF

I must confess, I knew it was an ex-Canadian aircraft, but I do not know what differences there are between the US and Canada built airframes.

As for the black knight, how much different it is in the civilian configuration as to stock military,again I know little. I assume differences are down to cockpit fit - ie Ejector seats and ??engine?? And whatever external hard points, if any.

Many thanks Adrian

Now this could have gone in Civil aircraft as well, but does anyone know if a set of decals-any scale have been produced of his T-33, the Black knight?

I lived in Worksop for a time, and knew his Father worked at the town's hospital( with my Mum), so I'd heard stories that he made a number of flights over the town.

Only asking as I would love to do a model of this special.

Regards adrian

Regret there are no decals available for this aircraft in any scale, as far as I know.

I must confess, I knew it was an ex-Canadian aircraft, but I do not know what differences there are between the US and Canada built airframes.

As for the black knight, how much different it is in the civilian configuration as to stock military,again I know little. I assume differences are down to cockpit fit - ie Ejector seats and ??engine?? And whatever external hard points, if any.

Many thanks Adrian

This a/c goes back to around 1973 or thereabouts and I believe there would have been very little differences if any at all - it was only an advanced trainer of sorts and tecnologically quite dated even then. Bound to be one or two "military" things removed but Im struggling to think what?

Hello Adrian.......

Just noticed your post.... From what i read you cant get decals for this beauty... But Paul Parkes, from my club does custom decals. White decals too boot, im sure he would be able to help. He has a page on this site, for vendors.... Just thought just let you know.

Mark

Edited by maudesman

The V series was called Aerodrome a bit sci -fi I recall. Re decals, Red Pegasus Decals in the US have it in their range. Worth googling Pegasus.

See his link

http://www.redpegasusdecals.com/BlackKnight.htm

PS: I did do this way back in 1975 or thereabouts after seeing it for the first time at a Biggin Hill Air Fair. It was the first time I observed an out of sequence registration! Anyway, I was so inspired that I got myself the then, widely available Hasegawa kit and hand painted all the markings on my model except the aircraft reggie! A photo of my model appeared in a Scale Models magazine feature covering an IPMS comp when the early nationals was held at RAF Museum Hendon!!

• 4 years later...

The decals from Red Pegasus were commisioned by me, along with the 3 Spencer Flack aeroplanes.

Unfortunately, Keith passed away & his database has passed to another decal producer.  He has released afew Reno racers but nothing else & hasn't answered any of my e-mails.  Glad I got several sets of each in the 2 scales I wanted.

She had only 1 TV appearance whilst owned by OHB,  that was as the sinister black jet in the BBc play for today, The Chinese Puzzle. 

The play The Aerodrome she was under the ownership of Anvil & registered G-JETT starring along side Aces Highs T-33 & Sandy Topens jets.

• Like 2