1/72 Revell RAF Tornado GR1 "Emma", Op Granby {& bonus Gulf War trio}

Hot on the heels of my last post of a Gulf War 1 RAF Jaguar, here's my effort at a Tornado.

I gather the 'Tonka' is a bit of a cherished {and semi-sacred?} aircraft on BritModeller, so I hope I did it justice!

"Emma" is shown alongside her Op Granby friends - they remind me of watching Gulf War 1 on telly as a fascinated 14 year-old.

The Tornado is out of the box, apart from the nose art decals, from Print Scale.

I have to say the Print Scale decals were a bit flimsy, and less than satisfactory.

If anyone wants the left over ones, drop me a line....

Rob

IMG_0754_zps3whppzjb.jpg

IMG_0762_zpsupamlh4c.jpg

IMG_0763_zpspxyazcai.jpg

IMG_0765_zpsomggcell.jpg

IMG_0766_zpsxp4nqm5s.jpg

IMG_0767_zpsbf1qlhsh.jpg

IMG_0768_zpsslvpchy5.jpg

IMG_0770_zps60b5nmnl.jpg

• Like 31

I have to say the Print Scale decals were a bit flimsy, and less than satisfactory.

If anyone wants the left over ones, drop me a line....

You've done a wonderful job on these, but I'm sorry to read this, as I have those decals in the stash myself.

Hello,Kwality8 - My compliments to you on a fine looking build of your 'Tornado'.Together with your Buccaneer and Jaguar,they make a resplendent tribute to these types.All the best,Paul.

It's interesting that this Tonka had an oversized wing roundel. Was it for identification purposes?

I suppose the roundel does seem a bit big! ...it came with the aftermarket decals Print Scale decals

• 3 years later...
On 11/3/2015 at 6:32 PM, kwality8 said:

I suppose the roundel does seem a bit big! ...it came with the aftermarket decals Print Scale decals

Regarding the Tornado upperwing roundel, I don't ever remember them being applied to the Muharraq aircraft. We operated the four 'Snoopy Airways' aircraft and they didn't carry any roundels or fin flashes.

XVTonker