Supermarine Spitfire Mk Vb Yankee - 1/48 Airfix New Tool

MBG

It is a most beautiful model of a subject about which there is a lot of problems. I like your interpretation, although I am not sure that you are absolutely right. I don't know if you have any new information about Levine's Spitfire, i.e. newer than 2004 (the date of Matusiak's book about the Mk.V). Maybe you used the information in Ventura's American Spitfire's II but I am not convinced.

My points: I am not sure that there is a yellow ring around the star on the left upper wing. Looking at the fotos in my possession, I cannot see it and believe that Three Guys' interpretation from the 1990 might be correct.

I/we (?) do not have a foto of the right upper wing, but your interpretation is likely.

A problem, however, is the scull on the right side. The scull was not carried on the right side, when fotos were taken in June 1943. However, later a scull was added, although not quite in the same shape as the one on the left side. My information is from Spitfire International, among other sources.

A few things to note:

The paintwork, build, wreathing and overall model is absolutely superb! First class!

Also, kit looks to be a little gem from Airfix as well. Full marks all round!

Val

Thank you all so very important that I now know that 30 years of building models, 30 years defeats, experiences and successes not in vain.

I also know that this model is not perfect contents.

For me modeling is fun, sometimes more important to me is how the model looks than how it was the truth. But any information is at a premium in the future to make the least mistakes.

Thank You ;)

Superb craftsmanship, and it tells the story well. It evokes the mood of the Spitfire, and that's what's important! You mention that you used Gunze paints - which did you use for the Azure Blue? From one of the Mr. Color RAF sets perhaps?

Cheers,

Bill