1/48 Wolfpack F-5A "Skoshi Tiger" - completed

• 6 months later...

Resurrecting this. Very nice job there and I am taking a lot of these pointers into account on my VNAF F-5 that I am currently building. I have managed to solve the mystery of the outer wing pylons and how the leading edge flaps are supposed to droop with them fitted. Answer: there is a spring loaded flipper section in the top that retracts into the pylon to open up a slot when the flap drops. I couldn't figure it out until I finally managed to find a photo of it in one of my reference books. I am hoping to have confirmation here soon that this was indeed the case from a guy who worked on F-5As. Kinetic didn't represent this on their pylons, so it will take a little conversion work once one decides how much of a droop to put in the flaps.

I hope to get a couple photo scans up showing the flipper cover soon.

Resurrecting this. Very nice job there and I am taking a lot of these pointers into account on my VNAF F-5 that I am currently building. I have managed to solve the mystery of the outer wing pylons and how the leading edge flaps are supposed to droop with them fitted. Answer: there is a spring loaded flipper section in the top that retracts into the pylon to open up a slot when the flap drops. I couldn't figure it out until I finally managed to find a photo of it in one of my reference books. I am hoping to have confirmation here soon that this was indeed the case from a guy who worked on F-5As. Kinetic didn't represent this on their pylons, so it will take a little conversion work once one decides how much of a droop to put in the flaps.

I hope to get a couple photo scans up showing the flipper cover soon.

arrr that makes sense! Thanks for the info, and feel free to post any pictures or info you find in this thread, I'd be very interested to see with you can find out.