1/48 Tamiya Mosquito Update 7/1/16 - FINISHED

GREG DESTEC

Hi Greg, I know what you mean. I think it's because Christmas is coming and we are busy at work trying to make up for the Chritmas break. Joe

Yep, no slowing down on the work front here either, i'm not fancying my chances at getting much modelling done over the Christmas/New Year period either! Just as well the group runs till the end of January :)

• Like 1

Yep, no slowing down on the work front here either, i'm not fancying my chances at getting much modelling done over the Christmas/New Year period either! Just as well the group runs till the end of January :)

I'm away over Christmas visiting my son, so I won't get anything done on my Sea King. The end of January 2017 would help if you happen to see this Mish ;)

Hi Greg. It's all looking very good with the paintwork on and I like the views into the cockpit and bomb bay - they look nicely busy! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix, it is a nice kit but quite big on the self next to my single engine stuff. Brush painting single tone over the larger areas proved challenging too, but its looking not too bad. Cheers Greg

• Like 1

Looking fine, Gregor. Painting a big kit like this with brushes is much work.

Thank you Bernd, brush painting a bigger kit like this one needs some resolve! Getting there though.. :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

bottom kicked! Got this one done, mostly over Christmas. Not my best model if i'm honest but its done and i'm reasonably happy with it in the circumstances. Theres quite a few errors in there but they aren't major (to me). Main thing is its done, heres some pics:

IMG_2230_zpsila2bcz8.jpg

IMG_2232_zpshehimxj5.jpg

IMG_2233_zpsf3yvskdl.jpg

IMG_2234_zpsqlqqfvgt.jpg

IMG_2235_zpsatd7bagh.jpg

Thats it folks! Few more pics in the gallery. Thanks for looking.

• Like 5

Very nice! I have the same one in the stash planning to do just these markings :)

Thanks Bowman, beware the kit decals, they are very thick, and are the type where you have to add the bullseye to the roundels, which was annoying for me.

Well done Greg - good to see it finished and it looks great! Well done.

Thanks Stix, i'm glad to get this one finished after such a long break from it. The model definately suffered from the long gap between builds. Cheers, Greg

• Like 1

Congratulations to this great looking Mossie ! Not your best one ? Brush painting a quite big aircraft and get this result is excellent my friend.

You have captured the plain look of these aircraft very well and applied a subtle but effective weathering !

Well done, whats next ?

:pilot:

• Like 1

Congratulations to this great looking Mossie ! Not your best one ? Brush painting a quite big aircraft and get this result is excellent my friend.

You have captured the plain look of these aircraft very well and applied a subtle but effective weathering !

Well done, whats next ?

:pilot:

Cheers mate! My next build is the Academy 1/72 P-47 for the Thunderbolt STGB.

• Like 1

Well done Greg. Your Mosquito looks very good. You done well to get it finished on time. Joe

• Like 1

She is stunning Greg, well done mate

ROB

Thanks Rob, i appreviate the support mate :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Well done Greg. Your Mosquito looks very good. You done well to get it finished on time. Joe

Cheers Joe, i feel i rushed it a bit at the end but at the end of the day it was about getting the job done.

• Like 1