A grey area

Darby

Just starting on above kit. Paint colours refer to MS1, 4, 4a and Pb10

Anybody able to enlighten me on these colours please? The colour diagram side views in the kit are quite good but one of the colours looks to be a sort of sandy beige. It may just be my eyesight though

Cheers

Darbs

MS1 is a very dark blueish grey.

MS4 is a neutral warm light grey.

MS4a is almost a pastel greenish light grey

John Snyder offered the following on PB10:

"PB 10

a deep blue worn by RN submarines operating in the Med: Mix equal parts of ACRN 32 Oxford Blue and US 27 Norfolk 250-N Flight Deck Stain."

Hope this helps :)

• Like 1

MS1 is a very dark blueish grey.

MS4 is a neutral warm light grey.

MS4a is almost a pastel greenish light grey

John Snyder offered the following on PB10:

"PB 10

a deep blue worn by RN submarines operating in the Med: Mix equal parts of ACRN 32 Oxford Blue and US 27 Norfolk 250-N Flight Deck Stain."

Hope this helps :)

Certainly did help, cheers. The colour diagram in the kit shows MS4a as a sort of sandy/beige/stone colour. Now to brandish the hairy stick

Many thanks

Darbs

Unless memory is playing tricks, when I was looking to find a paint suitable for the Russian aircraft colour described as "milky coffee" (and usually represented as a light tan) I found Colour Coats MS4 to fit the bill, So there's some corroboration of the kit instructions.

• 1 month later...

Certainly did help, cheers. The colour diagram in the kit shows MS4a as a sort of sandy/beige/stone colour. Now to brandish the hairy stick

Many thanks

Darbs

Darby,

Just a recommendation but never rely on what the colour looks like in the instructions, its not unknown for companies to light/darken or alter colours so the pattern stands out. Go by the name of the paints and either get ready mixed from sovereign or match them to the colour chips.

Richard