1/48 - Kinetic surprise announcement is: Sukhoi Su-33 "Flanker-D" ex Aviation Art project

Homebee

if 48:

Su-17, 20, 22 would be very welcome!

so many different in detail variants there and interesting and "dark" users! :)

I'd guess more on the already announced F-18 though....

or an answer to AMK's release schedule.. :(

maybe really an m-364 master? as Israel operate them as Lavi .... fingers crossed!

Any idea where this will be? I don't think Kinetic have their own stand and don't know how the importer/distributor is (Hannants?)...

At the Wingman Models stand: display from 1/24th P-47 Razorback and 1/48th Super Etendard elements and more?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/KineticModel-France-284153468459310/?fref=nf

(...)We have a surprise announcement of an all new subject that will be made this weekend in conjunction with the Scale Model World show.(...)

It's not said at the SMW but "in conjonction with". Wait and see.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

At the Wingman Models stand display from 1/24th P-47 Razorback and 1/48th Super Etendard elements and more?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/KineticModel-France-284153468459310/?fref=nf

It's not said at the SMW but "in conjonction with".

V.P.

Cheers, that makes sense. I'll have a look/listen at the Wingman table - I just hope it's nothing I have planned myself!! :unsure:

Will you be at the show? Would be nice to say hello again...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel

OFFICIAL PRE-RELEASE GUESSING CONTEST IS OPEN!

Here's your chance to make an official guess as to what we're announcing at Telford Saturday morning! The show opens at 9:00 AM in England, and the new item will be on display. You have until we make the announcement here on the Facebook page to make your guess (unless somebody leaks it earlier - which we hope they won't). You get ONE GUESS ONLY. If you make more than one, we will take your first guess. If more than one pers...on makes the correct guess, then we will draw at random from the correct guessers. Only posts to this thread will be considered! The winner will receive ONE free copy of the kit shipped when the kit is released. We look forward to everyone's guesses. Obviously those affiliated with Kinetic or this project are not eligible (and we'd hope you'll keep quiet until Saturday morning).

So what could it be?!

V.P.

Does anyone else miss the clamouring hordes screaming "Beaufighter" every time a wish list/secret announcement appears?

I did miss them.

But I'm reloading right now...

• Like 2

Maybe its the Friday night vino but I can just imagine Kinetic to be the company that gives us a new Phantom. As it would fit into their USN line up and being announced at Telford I'll guess an F-4J to begin with! (48th)

Edited by phantomphan92
  • Like 1

Kinetic fans, we present you the 1:48 Su-33 Naval Flanker. This tooling is the next step forward for Kinetic, featuring improved surface detailing, as well as highly detailed cockpit, landing gear bays, exhausts, wing fold and armaments. This kit will be released in DECEMBER! We will have it on display at Scale Model World this morning in Telford as well. More details to come over the next few weeks heading into the release!

Will this be the Aviation Art kit??

Will this be the Aviation Art kit??

Yes and no. Yes as it's definitely the once upon a time project and moulds from Aviation Art. No as Aviation Art technically never released a kit.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

It is an Su-33 Naval Flanker in 1/48

Oh well! Back to the dreaming board!! :lol:. Su-17/22 family next year perhaps!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52