Jump to content

As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Recommended Posts

I WILL START THIS GB..... I WILL START THIS AND COMPLETE THIS GB :) OK ill try.

I'll start off with the F.1 from Cyber Hobby then the Mk.3 and work my way up the variants as I have various Mk.4s (Revell), and 8's (airfix/mpm), NF's and T variants. So this could be a long build. Just need to complete my other BOB builds first and then the KUTA and all other GB's , just need more time to build.

Box shots and progress to follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You aren't trying to one-up Enzo, are you? I don't think I could stand the tension!

Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cockpit tub assembled and nicely detailed.

23926878711_3f81e31882_h.jpgDSC_0004 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

The Derwent engine that's enclosed with the kit is nice but the assembly instruction as are wrong and would have you cement parts in a fashion that would not fit. So if your going to make this version of the lit ignore them.

23901194162_4e8df7da38_h.jpgDSC_0005 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

Edited by Hardtarget

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tub, painted night I did add some highlighting but hasn't come through the flash.

23713726350_acc69a0084_h.jpgDSC_0006 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

23926873971_a5489134ad_h.jpgDSC_0007 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

Tub affixed to the stb fuselage halve.port side awaiting closing up.

23713722500_b3d1ecca23_h.jpgDSC_0008 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

Marrying up the fuselage to the wing section for any issues of which only one in that its a nice tight fit.

23983330426_c2fc5d5908_h.jpgDSC_0009 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

Plenty of weight in the nost for this tail sitter!

23382625643_1ff8e29a0a_h.jpgDSC_0010 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

Top wing halves meet the bottom main section.

23382624803_158f525e3f_h.jpgDSC_0011 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

Wing section and the fuselage meet and cemented in place using Tamiya ET.

23382622823_16fe42528f_h.jpgDSC_0015 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

Edited by Hardtarget

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only a week left. You can do it!

Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well got some more progress.

I cracked open the F.3 version and made a swift start and then decided to get her painted.

Box Shot

23381208524_5f7ce62c34_b.jpgDSC_0003 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

These kits are almost identical in their construction with only the omission of the engines and a different canopy oh and the air vents on top of the engines which I think the f.3 didn't have.

Cockpit assembled ready for painting.

23828882099_b1f5f492f1_b.jpgDSC_0004 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

Airbrushed anthracite.

24088653022_6b29141740_b.jpgDSC_0005 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

Fuselage cemented together.

23568507394_5d38acff94_b.jpgDSC_0006 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

as are the wings

24196678325_27e20c1cd1_b.jpgDSC_0007 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

All mated together with the help of some clips. You actually don't need the clips as the fit is nice and tight but I put them there for security. The band helps with dihedral and removes any potential wing root gap.

24114084121_be578d9c56_b.jpgDSC_0008 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

On her wheels

23828871099_d5fb7d54ef_b.jpgDSC_0009 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

First coat of hu 11

23569879143_4fe6c86220_b.jpgDSC_0010 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

Followed by her second coat.

23901075410_a3ff855d58_b.jpgDSC_0011 by stuart wellard, on Flickr.

I will get these done by sunday :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be very close.

Todays progress to 5 mins ago.

The F.3 meteor got her canopy fitted and coat of klear.

23671463134_0f3198f84c_b.jpgDSC_0001 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

The F.1 got her ocean grey on (hu106) which is still wet in the picture earlier today.

24217173081_68ed727fc7_b.jpgDSC_0002 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

I let her dry for quite some time and got the msg on her underside humbrol authentic hx4.

24217171481_b449b3f518_b.jpgDSC_0003 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

Let her dry again and then got her dk grn on the topside. airbrushed freehand with xtracolor raf green hoping this would speed things up a bit rather than wait for enamel to dry.

24299690075_48fdb05ee0_b.jpgDSC_0004 by stuart wellard, on Flickr

So Ill now decal up the F.3 whilst im waiting fo the f.1 to dry to give her a coat of klear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry guys, I didn't manage to meet the deadline. Managed to get the F.3 decals on and other small bits but didn't have enough time to get her photo'd. The f.1 just started decaling. should be finished this week so will continue to post updates here with final pics in RFI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...