my first 1/32 build trumpeter mig-15bis

on my ongoing effort to try get some more kits finished for Telford, managed to wrap this one up.
Its my first ever go at 1/32 and though didn't get it 100% how hoped calling it done. the kits it self wasn't to bad but for some one reason one wing didn't want to fit so had to do some trimming and messing around with it, I did intend to use the eduard set for the flaps etc but tried and was a ruddy nightmare the bits kept breaking off trying my patience and gave up. I did however use the eduard dashboard/internal set.
for the engine I wanted do the airframe split and to add interest on the engine used various bits of wire to try replicate the wiring/hoses did try to get close to google image's but was hard trying to get the right angels, and is the first time tried to do this.
Idid have a mishap with the paint as first attempt at the squiggles failed so had to redo, but annoyingly and had put a base coat of metal with the idea of chipping back the main scheme but as had to redo the scheme this didn't happen.... but may try add some chipping in between things!!
other than that was a straight forward build luckily not to many parts as wanted a simple first 1/32 kit lol.

P1100752.jpg

P1100753.jpg

P1100754.jpg

P1100755.jpg

P1100758.jpg

P1100761.jpg

P1100763.jpg

P1100764.jpg

P1100765.jpg

P1100767.jpg

• Like 20

Hello,Batcode - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'MIG -15'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work.You must be very proud of this model and as a first venture in 1/32 scale it's a testament to your modelling expertise.All the best,Paul.

Superb build! A question though.......is that the actual front canopy design or Trumpeter has got it all wrong? Surfed the net but couldn't find a pic showing it! Hopefully someone can help,thank you.

not 100% but do think trumpeter did make few mistakes on the kit as do know there are several inaccuracies. just dint have the funds at the moment to buy the correction sets and happy with it.....

thanks for all the comments guys really appreciate it..

• Like 1