Airfix Victor? Airfix 2016 Yearbook Cover Photo!

tonyot

And where on earth am I going to put three V Bombers even in 1/72 scale?

Still excited though. Always loved the Victor.

Make a stand with them on top of each other ;)

Hang them from the roof in V-formation?

• Like 3

I had a look at the advert in the Aeroplane magazine whilst we were doing the grocery shopping, yep, there's a picture of a Victor B.1 with "type history" beneath it.

Does that mean we're going to get a Victor B.1? I don't necessarily think so, do I think we're going to get a Victor? I hope so! It's a bit of a leap to believe it'll be a B.1 over a B.2 (or any other mark for that matter).

Oh well, we'll know by mid-day Saturday.

• Like 1

I think we will get one, one of each variant too... would be nice wouldn't it. Could Airfix tool the kit to make all variants or is there to much different between them all?

The fin is different but that's not too difficult, the engine nacelles are much bigger on the Mk2 so it would probably require a different set of inner wings.

There are many, many more differences but those are just the obvious ones.

Wez

I think we will get one, one of each variant too... would be nice wouldn't it. Could Airfix tool the kit to make all variants or is there to much different between them all?

Vulcan and Victor B1 and B1a are both very different to B2 versions but it would be easier to make a B1 into a B2 than a B2 into a B1.

Victor Is easier than Vulcan the wings are totally different and the B2 intakes not only have and extra extention betwean them and the fuselage but the intakes go further forward towards the cockpit. Tails vary but in the main the fuse is the same im told (Andy)

Vulcan B2 and B1 share the same nose and tail but everything else is different for the most part even the tyres :)

Just received my subscription issue of Airfix magazine, guess what on page 25 there is a full page advert for the First ever Airfix yearbook 2016, which will contain model builds,aircraft type history (Victor) hints and tips plus a retrospective look at 2015 and a list of proposed releases for 2016, with the caveat that all subject to change.

Available from WH Smith and all good newsagents from 12th November.

I imagine it will be of a similar format to the Hornby yearbook, which I believe is in its 6th year of publishing.

Derek

A Key Publishing title, then. Not Airfix.

At the risk of upsetting our friends who love the Vulcan I have to say the the Victor just flies straight off the front page of "The Eagle" with that nose and cockpit glazing plus the swept tail making her the most stylish of the three V Bombers in my eyes. True the Vulcan has a great wing shape but rather a wee dumpy body from some angles.

I confess a state of the art Victor and upgraded Vulcan from Airfix would top their Shackleton which as announcements go was pretty hard to top

• Like 9

It would be nice to have models of all three great V-bombers: the Victor prototype, the Victor Mk.1 and the Victor Mk.2.

Could not agree more Graham - spot on

Just in 1/48 - please? Well 1/32 would just be greedy

Found it behind the sofa! Sorry no,hey Razzle do they still print that? Oh and there's a new stirling due to be announced too!

Edited by stevej60

I love all RAF subjects but for me all versions of the V Bombers are equally welcome and represent a time when we where at out best in a new age as much as the Spit Hurri and Lanc represent us in an equally challenging time of mirrored uncertainty :)

• Like 3

Just received my subscription issue of Airfix magazine, guess what on page 25 there is a full page advert for the First ever Airfix yearbook 2016, which will contain model builds,aircraft type history (Victor) hints and tips plus a retrospective look at 2015 and a list of proposed releases for 2016, with the caveat that all subject to change.

Available from WH Smith and all good newsagents from 12th November.

I imagine it will be of a similar format to the Hornby yearbook, which I believe is in its 6th year of publishing.

Derek

Just got mine too!! Looking good!

Allan

ps - I also missed the early post about the ad in Aeroplane!! That'll teach me to READ things properly first. My apologies to Tony for any doubts on my part

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

I'll me guardely optimistic. Goofy as it looks from some angles, the Victor is my favourite; it was the most aerodynamically advanced of the three.

I can just see Airfix pairing it up with the Valiant and the Vulcan as a "Holiday Deterrent Gift Pack".

i keed! i keed!!

david

• Like 3

Do you guys really want a new tool Vulcan from Airfix? Just imagine all the grief from those trying to close up the fuselage with that fully detailed cockpit and bomb bay - all those bulkheads and formers to squeeze together. And just imagine trying to line up all those weighted wheels. :evil_laugh:

• Like 4

I think i would much rather have a new tool victor rather than a Vulcan. I can't see anything wrong with the current kit that can't be fixed with a bit of skill. Besides I've already got a blue steel B2 and a later cammo B2 and a pending B1 and I don't really want to have to justify buying more Vulcans to her in doors 😳

Edited by speedbird

True about the Halifax, though a considerably bigger "bit of skill" than is required for the Vulcan. I don't think the Vulcan tooling is anywhere near as worn, either. Over twenty years ago I was able to compare a then-current Halifax with an original release, and the difference was considerable. I gather (don't know for sure) that the tools did receive some attention at the turn of the century, but it's been a while since then.