Airfix Victor? Airfix 2016 Yearbook Cover Photo!

tonyot

No one is doubting Tonys character only that that the asked "is this a clue or a red herring?" but without a reference to the Aerplane magazine. As a result Google etc are the next logical places to search and nothing showed up anywhere.

It was implied that Tony should be as trusted because he is Tony. As already noted I didn't question his authenticity or authority only that, like the huge majority of forum members, he is just a name on a page to most.

I won't be buying the Aeroplane magazine just to look at an advert, nor for an unwanted calendar. I am happy to believe the advert is correctly hinting and can be interpreted as such.

Personally i have no interest in the Victor so will not be worried either way.

Your posts read like Chox over on the Key forums.

Edited by Albert RN

Personally i have no interest in the Victor so will not be worried either way.

Then why comment? Why not just let the guys who are INTERESTED in the possibility of a new Victor have a moment of fun - or are you just trying to make an anonymous name for yourself by winding everyone up?

Honestly...

Spence - not hiding behind an acronym...

• Like 18

DPM, I think you need to go and take a :chillpill: As others have said, if you have no interest, why post, especially as you are coming across as either rude or just being a troll. Take this as a warning shot and dial back the angst.

• Like 20

I think it might be a good possibility for a new Victor, and as the General knows something and he is part of the Bomber Command, so either that or something else from Handley Page, although I would much prefer a Hastings

• Like 6

WOWOWOWOWOWOW I Hope this is True and if its a B1 even better , Its about time the early V force got some recognition its a much glossed over and important part of our history with some truly beautiful machines too.

If they do a B1 then a B2 would be easy to follow up with.

Thats if this rumour comes true. Wheres the art work ?

• Like 2

I was trying to be sarcastic, so no offence intended. I have, however, emailed my Hornby representative who informs me that he has no knowledge of it, so I suspect that it is being issued by Key Publishing as an Airfix Model World special publication rather than by Hornby.

Well that will put the 1/24th scale Gladiator into the shade for sure :)

A B1 Victor might tempt me over to 1/72nd scale - I remember converting the Matchbox Victor to a Blue Steel B1 when it first came out, using bits left from the Airfix Vulcan, and the SAM anti-flash roundel decals and serial numbers. GAWd that was a long time ago, and it was "A LOT" of white paint too :)

Jonners

• Like 5

It would be nice to consign the Matchbox mould to the back of the stash, but I'm not really hopeful if I'm honest.

I don't have any insider knowledge either... no really, and even if I did I couldn't tell you. But I don't, so I still can't tell you. But I am still special. ^_^

• Like 3

Just received my subscription issue of Airfix magazine, guess what on page 25 there is a full page advert for the First ever Airfix yearbook 2016, which will contain model builds,aircraft type history (Victor) hints and tips plus a retrospective look at 2015 and a list of proposed releases for 2016, with the caveat that all subject to change.

Available from WH Smith and all good newsagents from 12th November.

I imagine it will be of a similar format to the Hornby yearbook, which I believe is in its 6th year of publishing.

Derek

• Like 1

I'm not going to count my chickens on this one, I'd love a new tool Victor and Vulcan and they come to fruition, however remember historically that Airfix Annual and Magazine had types on the cover which the Company did not produce.

• Like 1

Oh how I hate trying to get a decent overall white finish, or yellow, or red or..... well you get the idea.

Its easy with Humbrol , Halfords or Tamiya sprays. Might take a bout 3 cans though haha :)

• Like 1

If they do do a Victor B1, I hope they also do a Vulcan B1 to complete the mk 1 V Force triumverate. There is already a B2 for those who want that.

Oh I hope so so very much that is the case. It needs doing so badly. I will be so so over the moon. I will buy loads of them.

Please Airfix :)

• Like 1