Airfix Victor? Airfix 2016 Yearbook Cover Photo!

tonyot

Hiya Folks,

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I couldn`t fail to notice a photo of a Victor B.1 on the cover of the forthcoming Airfix 2016 Yearbook, under the title `Type History',......is this a clue or a red herring? The late Beau Mk.X, Sea King HC.4 and Meteor F.8 all appear on the cover too.

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 9

That'll kick the price of a Matchbox Victor into touch :lol: Another Airfix kit I'll suddenly want even though I never realised it until seeing the box art.

• Like 1

anyway if this is true I am super ticked off as I want a vulcan b2 not a victor b1.....

Well they already have one thats still available and this will give them the V-force now. However i would expect a retooled Vulcan to follow within the next couple of years.

• Like 2

Just to throw a wild one out there, could the BIG announcement be the release of both a Victor AND Vulcan? It would complete their V Bomber lineup.

• Like 1

Where is this mythical book?

A few searches:

Airfix - no

WHS - no

Amazon - no

Fleavay - no

Google - no

Bing - no

A few more searches;

MSN - no

Yahoo - no

Silk - no

:D

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

Where is this mythical book?

A few searches:

Airfix - no

WHS - no

Amazon - no

Fleavay - no

Google - no

Bing - no

A few more searches;

MSN - no

Yahoo - no

Silk - no

Behind the sofa - no

Behind the toilet cistern - no

At the bottom of the freezer - no

Under my armpit - no, but I'm wondering what I have found there

I don't mean to sound rude, however you guys might look a little silly if this actually does come true in a few days time!!

If Tony say's he's seen it - then I believe him, as he for one would certainly have more insider knowledge than most of the general modelling hackers out there (myself included).

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 5

Guys

Why do you doubt Tony, some of the above remarks are venturing onto the rather RUDE.

Within the latest Aeroplane magazine there is an advert for the NEW Airfix Year Book, that will be released on 12th November through news agents, within the said magazine the cover of the new Airfix magazine is as Tony described.

So as I have a copy I can confirm that the possibility that Tony eludes to there could very well be a NEW Victor in the pipeline.

Well we will have to wait and see.

So if you do not believe us then go and purchase a Aeroplane magazine, within that mag is a really cool calender for 2016.

Ali

• Like 10

No one is doubting Tonys character only that that the asked "is this a clue or a red herring?" but without a reference to the Aerplane magazine. As a result Google etc are the next logical places to search and nothing showed up anywhere.

It was implied that Tony should be as trusted because he is Tony. As already noted I didn't question his authenticity or authority only that, like the huge majority of forum members, he is just a name on a page to most.

I won't be buying the Aeroplane magazine just to look at an advert, nor for an unwanted calendar. I am happy to believe the advert is correctly hinting and can be interpreted as such.

Personally i have no interest in the Victor so will not be worried either way.

Well, I have not got a clue who you are BUT I have seen you make similar remarks a few times on BM and you seem to be new to this forum, not that it should make any difference, but if you do not have any interest in a subject or just want to stir things up then just stay out of it.

very few things wind me up, but I am sorry you are starting to get me going with wasteful comments on this great forum, and by the way I am just another member but like to see constructive and friendly posts.

• Like 26