Embedded with the 493rd FS (New batch 15/11/15)

Alpha Delta 210

Alpha delta 210,

I am pleased that you had a wondrous day with these guys and that you enjoyed the thrills of seeing EAGLES & STRIKE EAGLES in a truly lovely surroundings as Lakenheath. :Tasty:

if anyone deserves this YOU DO !! :clap:

thank you for AMAZING, STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS photographs .. :heart: :heart::heart:

they are SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL and the photo of Capt .Drew Bures and WSO. Krista BURES.. certainly keeping it in the family !

Lovely sunset photos et al. :worthy:

thank you so much for sharing your Joy .. :worthy: :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

• Like 1

Hello,Alpha Delta 210 - My thanks and appreciation once again for sharing this wonderful experience on the forum.I'm in my my element surrounded by 'All Things Mc.Donnell'!! All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

What a splendid photo essay AD. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Since I am in the process of building a Reaper's jet these shots will be spectacularly useful. (Again!)

Would you mind if I used one of your first batch of images as my desktop background please?

Excellent reference material and no need to apologise for any image quality, it adds to the drama and atmosphere ;)

Edited by geedubelyer
  • Like 1

Great set of photos and a great experience for you.Love the night shot of the F-15 in the HAS,can almost smell it.

Was it one of those Hornets that crashed soon after leaving there? We get the Eagles dog fighting over our house. C-17s and 135s on the let down to Lakenheath/Mildenhall too.

I did a spot of embedding once got shown round the training set up,the hangars,the sick quarters and even managed to get a bed in one of the blocks.It was going really well until the 3rd day. I ended up in front of the Union Jack,RAF Colours and big picture of Queen Elizabeth 2nd. I had to repeat the words an officer at the lectern said and before I knew it I'd been embedded for 14 years!

Thanks for showing !

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

What a splendid photo essay AD. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Since I am in the process of building a Reaper's jet these shots will be spectacularly useful. (Again!)

Would you mind if I used one of your first batch of images as my desktop background please?

Excellent reference material and no need to apologise for any image quality, it adds to the drama and atmosphere ;)

Hi geedubelyer. Delighted to be of assistance to your superb modelling again! Drop me a PM if there is a specific shot you want, as I took several thousnd images over the two days....

I would be honoured if you used one of my shots on your desktop. (Just out of interest, which one tickles your fancy?)

Great set of photos and a great experience for you.Love the night shot of the F-15 in the HAS,can almost smell it.

Was it one of those Hornets that crashed soon after leaving there? We get the Eagles dog fighting over our house. C-17s and 135s on the let down to Lakenheath/Mildenhall too.

I did a spot of embedding once got shown round the training set up,the hangars,the sick quarters and even managed to get a bed in one of the blocks.It was going really well until the 3rd day. I ended up in front of the Union Jack,RAF Colours and big picture of Queen Elizabeth 2nd. I had to repeat the words an officer at the lectern said and before I knew it I'd been embedded for 14 years!

Thanks for showing !

Thanks for the kind words, bzn20. The Hornets were indeed delayed after the crash the week before. We were standing on the Control Tower balcony in the pouring rain for the take offs and noticed an understandably sombre looking USMC pilot watching his buddies depart.

• Like 2

hello Alpha Delta 210,,

STUNNING additional photos.. :heart: :heart:

very atmospheric and you always take MOST IMPRESSIVE , OUTSTANDING photos.

they are SUPERB that one could use them for backdrop for their own Models ..that would be awesome. :clap2:

Thank you. :goodjob: :worthy:

HOUSTON :D

{ sorry I haven't had time to reply to you PM } :banghead:

• Like 1

Thanks AD, much appreciated.

DSC_1092_zpsfx2bjajs.jpg

This one just spoke to me.

The whole composition is crying out to be used as a desktop background. All of my icons will fit in the sky or on the tarmac without affecting the impact of the actual image. Sort of like a magazine cover designed to work around the titles and text.

Lovely stuff.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Thanks AD, much appreciated.

This one just spoke to me.

The whole composition is crying out to be used as a desktop background. All of my icons will fit in the sky or on the tarmac without affecting the impact of the actual image. Sort of like a magazine cover designed to work around the titles and text.

Lovely stuff.

Cheers.

I would never have guessed that you would have chosen that image, but I see what you mean about the composition working with your desktop icons. I hope you enjoy looking at it!

I look forward to seeing your finished Reapers Eagle.

hello Alpha Delta 210,,

STUNNING additional photos.. :heart: :heart:

very atmospheric and you always take MOST IMPRESSIVE , OUTSTANDING photos.

they are SUPERB that one could use them for backdrop for their own Models ..that would be awesome. :clap2:

Thank you. :goodjob: :worthy:

HOUSTON :D

{ sorry I haven't had time to reply to you PM } :banghead:

Hi Houston. I'm delighted that you enjoyed the additional images. Your compliments have made me blush! :blush: