1/72 Italeri F-5B Freedom Fighter as Turkish Stars NF-5B

nimrod54

Words fail me John - what a stunner. I'm a fan of complicated masking because when it's done right it's awesome and this is just that. Great work!

• Like 1

Thanks Craig, it was getting close but I made it in the end.

Words fail me John - what a stunner. I'm a fan of complicated masking because when it's done right it's awesome and this is just that. Great work!

Cheers Andy. This was the first time that I have tried to mask anything this complicated. I won't be bothered about tackling it again now though.

You've done it John!!! and WOW does she look amazing!

I'm really glad you chose that colour scheme and even after the masking issues you managed to pull off an amazing build......well done indeed! :thumbsup:

I do hope the build was enjoyable and not too stressful, was really nice to have you along, thank you.

• Like 1

You may have some success using WD40: I've successfully removed every type of residue without harming paintwork , including Tamiya tape that was wet with too much cellulose thinner to BMF glue. As always, try it on a small area first. BTW on canopies, it makes them sparkle like Future.

Anil

I just remembered and applied the WD40 tip with a Q-tip on my Mi-24 cockpit glazing ! as it really needed it, and it worked like a dream!

GBs are a dream!

Thanks again, Anil, and Nimrod54 for trying it out first ;)

again, great Turkish Stars F-5B! maybe one day....

• Like 1

Rich,

Thanks for having me along and no it wasn't too stressful. Now this one is out of the way I am heading across to make a start on my P-47 build, See you over there.

Exdraken

Glad that the WD-40 trick worked for you bud, though the real thanks belong to Anil, great suggestion of his but always advisable to try somewhere that it won't be seen first. I'm sure I will have to use this tip again at some point.

H

Thanks buddy, glad that you like her. I hope that the Pegasus engine is progressing and I should be joining you again shortly

Tim M

Thanks mate. I thought I was nuts to tackle my masking job but yours is just plane-crazy. :tumble: Well done again on a cracking model.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...