1/72 Revell Handley Page Halifax B Mk.III

Very nice, indeed! I don't know if the kit's as inaccurate as the Merlin-engined kit (evidently it isn't), but it certainly looks great built-up. Another one for my to-have list. To be honest, things are definitely looking good for four-engined British aircraft from WWII in the past few years; whatever their faults we've had the afore-mentioned Revell Merlin-engined Halifax, this Halifax, the Italeri Stirling and Sunderland, and the Airfix Lancasters. With this lineup, I can live with some too-deep panel lines, and an inaccuracy here and there (but not too much, please).

Regards,

Jason

Hello, Nice build out of the box. Must thank Revell but nit picking do not like the propellor shape ,Norden bombsight !, main wheels too small. Question over top of rudder outlines ? One of my undercarriage short legs was missing shot short ? will replace with strut. Ailerons are too small need reversing and filling on undersides.

I would welcome any niggles you had with your build,and what paints used . Many thanks

Edited by T-21

I keep saying it, this is the most aesthetically pleasing of the RAF heavies!

Great model!

Really looks the business.

I've got one to build, once I've finished all the other projects! :boom:

Hello, Nice build out of the box. Must thank Revell but nit picking do not like the propellor shape ,Norden bombsight !, main wheels too small. Question over top of rudder outlines ? One of my undercarriage short legs was missing shot short ? will replace with strut. Ailerons are too small need reversing and filling on undersides.

I would welcome any niggles you had with your build,and what paints used . Many thanks

Props are okay could be a tapered in a bit going down towards the propeller hub other than that they're pretty good, but I just wanted to build it quickly i'm not much of a rivet counter ! To be honest the bomb sight is so small in the scale its not really a Norden sight merely a series of cylinders in tiny plastic, so if you did want to make it a British mark XIV sight just turn it 90°. For the paints I just used Mr.Color dark earth, Tamiya RAF dark green, the rest was just Tamiya standard colours and Alclad II Aqua Gloss and Satin varnish with of course Tamiya grey primer in a rattle can ( love the stuff).

I'd just like to thank everyone for their kind words while i'm at it. I love coming on this website to see the amazing amount of talent our small little hobby produces and how it inspires me to try and be a better modeller, thanks again...........now if I can only get my hands on a Blackbird Lincoln conversion that be next on my list !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That looks really lovely. Can't wait for them to arrive in Oz - know exactly what I'll do with mine - 466 Squadron RAAF.

Great job, very well done.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...