Saro Skeeter

This has been sitting at this stage for a while as it has a vacuum formed canopy. Two of my pet hates, vac formed transparencies and masking. So here we go. 'In for a penny .......'

Hasn't been helped that it fell when bringing it for its photo opportunity and then stood on, bending and breaking one of the undercarriage legs. Not irretrievable though.

image_zps9r6rziff.jpeg

• Like 1

Here is one I finished earleir this year, after it too sat aoround half built for a long while. Not an easy kit to build buit I would reccomend removing the tail boom strakes and relaceing them. There is another here on BM better than my build.

IMG_6018crre_zps89db7cc2.jpg

Colin

• Like 2

Good luck,......will it be an RAF or RN aircraft?

Cheers

Tony

Plan is for it to be one of the three that the FAA trialed. There are a couple of photographs in Howard, Burrow and Myall's Fleet Air Arm Helicopters Since 1943. This is where I got my inspiration.

I think you've done the hard bit! I was always intimidated by what you could see through the transparency and you look as though you've done a great job there!

Thanks. It's pretty much OOB with Tamiya tape seat belts, a cyclic from wire, as are the wires behind the panel. The fire extinguisher started life as an anti-personnel bomb from a Blenheim and the silver box an off cut of resin. There is a walk round somewhere that was very useful. I think it was the Skeeter in the Helicopter Museum at Weston, which is on my 'to do' list.

Today got the bent U/C leg fixed and trimmed the canopy. I think I think I've a battle against a vac form canopy. Too late and dark to continue. Photos tomorrow

Edited by 825

Here is one I finished earleir this year, after it too sat aoround half built for a long while. Not an easy kit to build buit I would reccomend removing the tail boom strakes and relaceing them. There is another here on BM better than my build.

IMG_6018crre_zps89db7cc2.jpg

Colin

Colin, this is absolutely beautiful, I'm sure mine won't even get close. I think I'll take you advice and trim the strikes down a bit. They are quite prominent and I suspect they will cause problems with the transfers.

Thanks for the advice.

Back on his legs again. The support struts need to be fixed but I'm holding off until I tidy up the boom

image_zpswj307nxk.jpeg

image_zpsz1dyimge.jpeg

I've also cut out the dreaded vac form canopy and here it is awaiting a dip into some Kleer. Not bad and my initial dry fit suggests that it does. Fit that is.

image_zpsgiutjfay.jpeg

Edited as I posted the wrong photograph

Edited by 825