1/72 - Convair F-106A & B Delta Dart by Trumpeter - F-106A & B released

Homebee

After the 1/48th kits (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234951973-148-convair-f-106ab-delta-dart-by-trumpeter-f-106a-f-106b-released/), Trumpeter is to release 1/72nd Convair F-106A & B Delta Dart kits.

- ref.01682 - Convair F-106A Delta Dart

- ref.01683 - Convair F-106B Delta Dart

Source: https://www.facebook.com/TrumpeterModel/posts/527430964082168

CADs

Trumpeter_F-106B_1-72-1.thumb.jpg.5bfc08 Trumpeter_F-106B_1-72-3.thumb.jpg.b057f7 

Trumpeter_F-106B_1-72-4.thumb.jpg.368233 Trumpeter_F-106B_1-72-2.thumb.jpg.124119 

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

I'm glad to see another 1/72 Dart coming. However Trumpeter will really have to do something with their prices if they want to sell this one to me. The Meng kit is fantastic but expensive, if Trumpeter's is as expensive very few people will buy this instead of the Meng one

• 3 weeks later...

As Giorgio said

F-106A, I don't know : Trumpy really need to do something if they want to sell one to me as I already have the Meng model on my shelves..

But a F-106B might well find a place in my stash!

Cheers 

Eric B.

Likewise. They might sell me a couple of B-models, but since I assiduously trawled e-bay for Meng F-106s that were being offered for rather less than the RRP with a reasonable degree of success, I doubt I'll be after the A-model unless it is particularly good and somewhat cheaper from the get-go than Meng's effort.

Its price, roughly compared with the Meng one is kind of a selling point. Meng's a stunningly nice kit, but so much stuff in the box that's not really needed. I just hope Trumpeter has got the basic countours right because the 106 has such a distinctive fuselage shape.

Jay

• 1 month later...