Wallace and Gromit Anti Pesto Van

Now just give me ten minutes to digest your life force and I'll be back with another update.

If you're wondering about where I got the eyes, there Pete's, I sucked them out inbetween a blink !

I might grab his tongue tomorrow it would be nice to be able to have a sing song. I would say to be able to taste but Pete hasn't got any

Pete

Edited by Brundledonk

Due to,the fact that Pete has no eyes at the moment I'm going to step in again and do the update.

He had to go out on errands for the female human today (the big girly lightweight) so as time was short he was a bit disorganised in the Fluffy cave, you should of seen him frantically chucking paint around and mumbling to himself, it was really quite pathetic.

Anyway I'll do my best to try and make sense of all the pictures and put the into something that will be at least mildly comprehensible

He masked the underside of the chassis before priming the interior to prevent overspray

Look at the state of that ! And this was before I took his eyes

Airfix curse of the wererabbit wip

He used the 99p noxious primer again (the guys a cheapskate it tell ya, he has one lightbulb in the house and takes it from room to room)

The silly boy forgot to put on his mask so shortly after these pics were taken he went blue and fell off of his chair

For a second I was really worried, but I neednt have been as when I checked , the parts had an even coverage and he hadn't missed any spots.

I should point out that he re primed the floor that goes in the back at the same time, if you remember the eejit had primed it in white and it had made the green too light (I tried to tell him not to do it in white but he wouldn't listen, if he's not going to use his ears I may as well take them.

Edited by Brundledonk

On 2 January 2016 at 11:20 PM, Borez said:

They'll be giving you a job at Aardman next.

I'd never pass the psychiatric test

Pete

When he regained consciousness the primer was dry enough to sray over (every cloud and all that)

So out with the colour mix and on it jolly well went

Oh yeah the dash got primed and painted too, I'm struggling to make sense of his pics

Spare tyre is layed on for artistic effect

With the unpainted body fitted, I was Suprised at how close Petes colour mix was to the original plastic (it's all luck believe me he a complete plank in real life) in this pic the floor has been painted but the body is still in original plastic

And the nice repainted floor looks much better now, much better over el cheapo primer rather than the White

This is what muppet boy came up with for a mix, it looks like something knocked up in Professor Snapes potions class. It's the colour and texture of troll bogies and goes through the airbrush like juicy fruit chewing gum

He then Went rooting around in Mrs Brundledonks card making boxes, telling me to keep watch, he said " if she catches me she'll have them for earrings" I don't know what he was talking about but I just nodded (pretty much the sum total of my physical abilities given I'm just a skull)

He turned up this

20150506_131403

Edited by Brundledonk
  • Like 1

You will have to take my word that things are a bit more interesting on the other side of the sheet as Petes hopeless photography strikes again and what should look like brown velvet now looks like a bit of 600 grit wet and dry

Lots of cutting and swearing and swearing and cutting along with hours wasted by taking out his anger trying to drown the goldfish led to this

Edited by Brundledonk

And for dramatic effect the seats and mats were dry fitted ( sarcasm mode on )I swear Pete makes his threads so exciting he should put a warning that they should only be read while sitting on the toilet ( sarcasm mode off)

Seats, mats and dash (knees and toes)

In this pic the dash is painted but the interior is still in bare plastic ( that's the bit foward of the dash for those of you surfing the net in black and white ) see I knew the colour would be spot on over grey primer, if he ignores my advice again I'll be having nut roast for lunch tomorrow

Edited by Brundledonk

The remainder of the cab got a spray with the toxic brew that Pete insists is a paint mix and then he let me spray the seat mounting rails black (hence the masking tape) it's really hard to be accurate when you're spraying with the airbrush between your chompers

Looks ok ? I think Pete is still deciding whether to paint the carpets or leave them brown, also there is still a ton of weathering to do in here

I'm not sure if I like the mats either, but I'm going to wait until they are weathered before I tell him to change them or not, he'll listen (he won't be able to talk though cos I'm having his tongue remember)

And please ignore the dash in the background, what's going on with that will be in a future update and I don't want to ruin the excitement, the iPad wanted to autocorrect that word to excrement (it wasn't wrong lol)

Edited by Brundledonk

Ok then it's time to get back to the insanity and update again ( I can hear the collective "oh no" from here ) but fear not my lovelies this is fast getting to the end and I can't drag it out any longer as the people at the facility will have no doubt noticed I've gone and notified the relevant authorities, so I'm expecting the man with the giant butterfly net at any moment.

The dash got a goodly lashing of Flory dark dirt wash and everything else like that.

Weathering started on the floor where the spare goes, Pete did it this way as a test for colours and technique as this area will hardly be seen once the wheel goes in and he was worried about stuffing it up (that boy has a total lack of confidence in his self)

The pastel dust looks red but it's brown and hasn't been fully cleaned off in this pic (you can see a stripe of it on the wheel arch, it's nearly as big as the brown stripe in Petes pants )

Brace yourselves the artistic effect spare wheel is back

Edited by Brundledonk
  • Like 1

And he added some scuffing with his ever faithful 8b pencil (strange though as I heard Mrs brundledonk talking on the phone to her friend and she said Pete didn't have any lead in his. Oh well he must have found it

And some pastel dust was jolly well slung all over the shop

Proper grubby that is !

Edited by Brundledonk

Dash had the wash removed and the details painted

And the circular turning apparatus thingy shoved in

Gear stick, hand brake and some more filth added

Hold on to your under crackers people...... This is a bonus picture added 16/3/2018 ( I'm here fixing the pics that photobucket took away)  upping prices from free to £399 doesn't seem like a savvy way to keep the punters happy but I digress. Still it's better than my idea to publish a pop up book of phobias :-)

Edited by Brundledonk

Inside is pretty much all sorted now

At this point thought it might be a good idea to dry fit the lid and make sure the doors fit

They did and all was right with the world

Edited by Brundledonk

Wait a minute

Body is on

Wheels are on

You know what that means

"Vroom it this way Pete"

" no this way"

"what's wrong with you are you blind ?

"Oh yes you are, I forgot I stole your eyes"

"Man I wish I had hands then I could vroom it too"

Edited by Brundledonk
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have just caught up with this thread and have been enjoying the combo of barmy banter and seriously good modelling skills.

I have done a fair few of the Aardman kits for the IPMS Beyond the Box SIG. I blame it all on the paint fumes!

Would be great to read some more installments.

Cheers

Richard C

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay in updates, security in my current "accommodation" was a bit tighter than in previous ones, the walls were higher and it took me an age to chew through the straps.

But chew I did ! Followed by months of tunnelling ( a plastic spork does not a great excavator make ) hiding the dirt form the digging was a bit of a conundrum, my first thought was to scatter it out of the bottoms of my trousers but they didn't allow me trousers all I had was nice comfy jacket ( though a bit tight ) that did up around the back )

So in the end I just dug another tunnel and put the dirt in that.

Any ways I managed eventually to make my way back to the Petecave, funding the journey selling giant rolls of toilet paper in various cities along the route.

You may have seen me ( in disguise of course ) or heard my call " Big Tissue Guv ?"

First thing I did, after reading all the junk mail and listening to all the "ppi , goverment energy scheme, have you had an accident in the last 5 years" recorded calls on my answering machine was to prime the body of the W&G van

safety first ( I don't want the fumes causing any neurological damage ) so out with the mask

Disclaimer : originally this was a pic of me in the mask pulling a silly face, but I can't find the pic. These pics are on a 32gb card that has tens of thousands of images on it and I Simply can't be bottomed to look through them all to find it.

but I found this one that will do as a stand in but it was taken some time after I did this build (look in the background and you can see the van finished in my cabinet) and I'm not going to take a new one as I haven't got time to do my hair and make up at the moment 

20150724_173016

Stinky pound shop grey primer again. It might smell like the gusset of a Sumo wrestlers jock strap and exit the nozzle of the can fast enough to cause a sonic boom, but after the cloud of gas dissipates you can see that the finish is pretty smooth.

Edited by Brundledonk

I hoped that time might have improved the biohazard that was my home brew paint mix but alas, it was still the colour of pond slime and the constancy of pizza cheese

So with my Airbrush equipped with a 1/12 inch needle/nozzle combo and the air pressure upped slightly to 1000 psi, the top coat got laid on. ( you can see that the colour even matches my nail varnish )

Other than the airbrush spitting like a Premiership footballer every now and then, but again it went on without much drama

The Inside didn't get left out either

Edited by Brundledonk

Just finishing mine up tonight so a big thanks to Pete and Fluffy for posting this very amusing WIP as I would never have looked twice at one of these kits prior to reading this. It's been a real fun build with the only downside being inexplicably compelled to hum the Wallace and Gromit theme tune every time you touch the thing.

Mick

Oh Pete could you ask Fluffy if I could have my soul back I just haven't been myself for the last few weeks it was those eyes I couldn't help it.

• Like 1

On 15 April 2016 at 9:29 PM, Mickd said:

Just finishing mine up tonight so a big thanks to Pete and Fluffy for posting this very amusing WIP as I would never have looked twice at one of these kits prior to reading this. It's been a real fun build with the only downside being inexplicably compelled to hum the Wallace and Gromit theme tune every time you touch the thing.

Mick

Oh Pete could you ask Fluffy if I could have my soul back I just haven't been myself for the last few weeks it was those eyes I couldn't help it.

No worries Mick I'm glad you enjoyed your build, both Fluffy and myself would love to see some pics

Hehehe I was the same building mine da da dada da da dadaaaaa ! Lol

Fluffy was really pleased to see me come back after all this time and was in a really good mood, so I asked him if he would mind giving you your soul back and he is more than happy to do that.

In my absence Fluffy has gone through a bit of a transformation and is now wifi and Bluetooth enabled

Skull paintjob

He said all you have to do is stare at his eyes ( eye ? ) say his name three times and sacrifice a chicken

( cutting a nugget in half should be ok )

The downside to you regaining your soul is that mine will burn eternally ( but hey thems the breaks )

Skull paintjob

Pete

Edited by Brundledonk
  • Like 1