Fairey Swordfish Mk II. - Tamiya 1/48

MBG

Hi.

My first work on this forum. We all know this model, Swordfish Mk.II - Tamiya 1/48

Additions:

Tamiya Etched parts 61069

Eduard Etched parts FE384

Painted with paints Mr.Paint.
Enjoy !
1_zpssmsf5xfu.jpg
2_zpssyo5wqsb.jpg
3_zpssvqwk4tg.jpg
4_zpst1qqypgx.jpg
5_zpslc2x8tkg.jpg
6_zpsgbpaioc1.jpg
7_zpslvlba9yb.jpg
5_zps4dzjiwqc.jpg
6_zpsiolbxm3x.jpg
2_zps0cfgowiw.jpg
19_zpsnkswyhb7.jpg
20_zpssflxmywg.jpg
21_zpshlzvwjvk.jpg
22_zpsfricy8fi.jpg
24_zpsdiv47qwc.jpg
14_zpso7xsu4ku.jpg
15_zpsljptz1vc.jpg
16_zpskt0x8v0d.jpg
17_zpsmrzqz14z.jpg
18_zpsfpmwl0hp.jpg
8_zps2xly7gp5.jpg
25_zpsoillwgwb.jpg
26_zpsswho1hhh.jpg
27_zpsqkfmhoyu.jpg
47_zpsjjfhjtzb.jpg
  • Like 43

Thank you for your feedback.

About paint.

Mr.Paint a Slovak producer:

http://www.mrpaint.sk

Excellent acrylic paint, ready for use or dilution. Durable for scratches, touching fingers, masking tape. Quickly drying up!

They have a Branded thinner, but you can use thinner Mr.Color Leveling Thiner - Gunze Sangyo.

Until now I used paint Gunze Sangyo, Tamiya and Model Master Authentic. Recently, I also use Mr.Paint. - unrivaled quality, recommended.

Regards

K.

• Like 1

Nice and then thinking about it Nice .... And nicely photographed. Not to detract from the great model but what brand are the paints I cannot make me out on my phone screen.

Regards

Plasto

Hi

The paints are MR. PAINT, Slovakian manufacturer. I all ready tried and they are very good.

Edited by Paulo Monteiro
  • Like 1

That is one heck of an entrance!! Despite how very welcome the kit was on its release, you don't see too many on the forums, so thanks for sharing your work, which is stunningly good!

Two questions. The colour of the exhaust, it looks like a sky blue? Also the paints, what size bottles are those? They look very big compared to the model in that last photo.

That is a really beautiful swordfish. I love all the detail elements you've done, like the exhaust weathering and some tiny spatters. One small point is that I think the pre-shading is a little too heavy beneath the white but as I've said, that is a really great model!

Thank you again for your opinions.

Mark, The colour of the exhaust I mixed dark alluminium with clear blue and smoke. I know, I added too much clear blue and a little smoke.

Now I'm under construction next Swordfish, this time Mk.I in a classic SKY color in the bottom. I will try to better paint exhaust.
Bottles Mr.Paint have a capacity 30ml.
Brad, It's just a test of new paint in my workshop. They are really fantastic, if it were otherwise, I would not show them. I wanted to share knowledge about the new brand.
85sqn, For me, white and black color is the most difficult colors to paint. Good painting, showing weathering and other techniques. I builds models for over 25 years and I'm still learning something new.
Cheers
K.
  • Like 1

I will try to better paint exhaust.

Absolutely no criticism meant, it just looked a little too blue, I hope you did not take offence. The whole model is just simply superb! The photography too and it makes me wonder whether you do magazine work at all?

That is a very nice Stringbag indeed, a beautiful model.........but could I just say that those tubes under the fuselage are totally fictitious and were not fitted to the Swordfish!

A photo was taken depicting a wartime Swordfish with the wings folded and with rockets fitted and the fins of these could be seen in the photo projecting below the fuselage (it appears on page 30 of the Profile Publications Swordfish issue) which led to the artist of the Profile Publications series to incorrectly portray these as a row of tubes in the centre spread artwork featuring HS158/B!

Cheers

Tony

PS- Here is the photo;

http://s262.photobucket.com/user/Jeffpics/media/Swordfish%20GB/fairey-swordfish.jpg.html

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1