Takom Chiefie MK.11

Old foxtrot

Well its here, it's stunning. May have to move on my old tamiya kits at scale model world. So I know there have been a few builds on here, does anyone have any tips on this one? Without sounding like a rivet counter I spy a lack of anti-slip.... any ex tankers out there able to tell me if mk.11's were covered in it, and if so where was it applied?

Rich

Well its here, it's stunning. May have to move on my old tamiya kits at scale model world. So I know there have been a few builds on here, does anyone have any tips on this one? Without sounding like a rivet counter I spy a lack of anti-slip.... any ex tankers out there able to tell me if mk.11's were covered in it, and if so where was it applied?

Rich

Too be honest with you at 35 scale I really wouldn't bother, the anti slip paint issued has such small particles of sand in it its not really noticeable, most of the time the crews painted over the anti slip paint anyway with normal paint so it smoothed it further.

He is a build that the pixies in box did a while ago using the Tamiya kit.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234962150-tamiya-chieftain-converted-into-a-mk11/

Dan

Well its here, it's stunning.

I liked it too - review here.:) As Dan says, the Tamiya Chiefy can still be built into a super model, and if you follow his link, you'll see how. One talented pixie ;)

Too be honest with you at 35 scale I really wouldn't bother, the anti slip paint issued has such small particles of sand in it its not really noticeable, most of the time the crews painted over the anti slip paint anyway with normal paint so it smoothed it further.

He is a build that the pixies in box did a while ago using the Tamiya kit.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234962150-tamiya-chieftain-converted-into-a-mk11/

Dan

Mmmm! do you want to send me your castacoat then? :winkgrin: