1/72 - Breguet Br.1050 Alizé by FRROM - released - detailing PE set by Brengun

Homebee

FRROM is to announce a 1/72nd new kit at Telford.

Source: http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=Accueil-2

QuoteQuote

New kits (Telford) and game :

• We will attend to the IPMS UK yearly meeting in Telford, 7 th and 8 th of November (MPM Booth)
  • We will announce the release of a new kit (4 boxes) and we use this opportunity to start a game (please see the dedicated page: http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=jeu-2 )

Game

Please have a look at the rules below. No answer before official start time will be taken into account

We will announce in Telford (7 and 8th of November, 2015) the release of four kits at 1/72 nd scale, all on the same plane. So we ask you to guess what this plane is. We will give every day additional information on the plane (or the kits), we will request the few people who have inside knowledge not to participate and not to give the information to their friends (people from MPM group are not allowed to participate).

Information :

• The aircraft was involved in at least two wars.
  • The plane had a life span of more than 20 years (first flight up to removal from last operational unit)

FR0028_T14Bxp.jpg

Rules :

• Winner in each geographical zone will get a set of these four kits, shipment to our charge (the winner will be the first one to give the right answer, according to the rules).
  • 3 geographical zones : France, Czech Republic and rest of the world (well -yes- France and Czech Republic are a third of the world, for this game)
  • Game will start on Wednesday, 28 th of October, at 18:00, french winter time. No answer will be taken into account before the start (so please check what that means in your local time)
  • You have to give the manufacturer and the type, or the manufacturer and common name of the plane. Example, in the FRROM range: Vickers Type 132 or Vickers Vildebeest (Vickers Type 132 Vildebeest will for sure be allowed). If there is a discrepancy, manufacturer and type will be taken (Vickers type 132 Spitfire give Vickers type 132)
  • Answers should be sent by the Contact page of the site
  • Only one answer is allowed per person (so we need your family and personal name) and per play day (see below). In case of multiple answers for a person and a play day, we will cancel ALL THE ANSWERS for this person and play day (just in case some smart person might send the list of all planes of all planes manufacturers on first day).
  • Variations in spelling are authorized (dots or dash or blank in type, Dassaut for Dassault), up to some limit
  • Some additional information will be published every play day around 18:00 (french winter time), in english first then in french (but page management may be strange sometimes)
  • A play day runs from 18:00 (French winter time) on a calendar day to 18:00 (French winter time), next calendar day
  • We will publish the geographical zones in which the correct answer has been given, but not the winners names before the announcement in TELFORD. We will advise the winners by email during TELFORD
  • We will NOT use the emails addresses for commercial purposes or sell these addresses
  • The game may be stopped at any time
  • This is only a game, have fun ! Good luck to everybody...

Bets are open.

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

I hope it's a Breguet Br.19 (Br.XIX). It's about time we got a nice IM kit of this important between the wars aircraft. Just think of all the marking possibilities (if they do the different-engined versions, of course).

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

I hope it's a Breguet Br.19 (Br.XIX). It's about time we got a nice IM kit of this important between the wars aircraft. Just think of all the marking possibilities (if they do the different-engined versions, of course).

Regards,

Jason

Today's update

Mono-engine, monoplane, less than 300 built, 3 main versions

So neither Breguet Br.XIX or Potez XXV unfortunately.

Edited by Botan

Ah, yes, the Potez XXV, another very important pre-war aircraft that we need a new IM kit of. I believe more Potez XXV's were built than any other pre-war aircraft.

Regards,

Jason

Is Frrom-Azur same as Azur=MPM/Special Hobby? Initially I thought about Mirage F.1 previously announced by Special Hobby. But "less than 300 produced" hint excludes it.

Can be something from Yugoslavia - SOKO G-2 Galeb or SOKO J-21 Jastreb. Both are single-jets, less than 300 produced, long service life, at least two armed conflicts - Balkans and First Congo War (according to wiki). Several versions - looks in both cases 3 main versions could be identified. :hmmm:

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Like 1

Fun game.

Can be something from Yugoslavia - SOKO G-2 Galeb or SOKO J-21 Jastreb.

I do hope so! Don't see it happening though.

My guess: Fiat G.55 / G.59 including two-seaters. First flight 1943, and two-seater G.59s were in service in the mid-sixties I believe. Production around 300, was in at least two wars. There's the MPM Fiat on the market already but who knows.

Jay

The water on box art suggests marine machine. On the other hand - there is info about a book on Leo-45 on the web page of FROMM. Therfore - I would suggest this one: Leo 45/451. The last one was removed from service in 1957 and started in 1937. But two wars? Which one is the second one? Indochina? Algeria?... I do not know...And more items were build: 561.

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM

And LeO 451 isn't a single-engined aircraft...

It looks like something from the 30s, as later aircraft (especially jets) are usually flown for more than 30 years (not excluding SOKO Galeb/Jastreb).

Dassault Super Etendard looked a good contender (Gulf War and Falklands), but it's service life lasts for over 30 years already.

And moreover - FRROM has never kitted a jet so far.

So maybe tomorrow we'll see next details leading to proper answers :)

Edited by KRK4m

stevehnz, on 30 Oct 2015 - 04:46 AM, said:stevehnz, on 30 Oct 2015 - 04:46 AM, said:stevehnz, on 30 Oct 2015 - 04:46 AM, said:

Maybe MS-474/475. Afaik, that meets the criteria. :unsure:

Steve.

Hi Steve,

This was also my initial guess but:

- MS-472/474 & 475 - ok

- WWII & Algerian War - ok

- 506 ex. built - not ok

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Hint says service life was more than 20 years. So can be even B-52.

However such long life is rare for 30s aircraft unless it's a Dakota, Piper Cub or something similarly popular.

And Frrom did Mystere IV before...

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Like 1

The series of 300 should be a good hint. Probability says taht there is not so much machines done in this (as any other) exact number. OK - let's add margin plus minus 20...

Cheers

J-W

And moreover - FRROM has never kitted a jet so far.

So maybe tomorrow we'll see next details leading to proper answers :)

Are you sure...

FR021.jpg

As for what it could be I haven't a clue but this is an interesting game though...

My guess is a Super Mystere B.2; only 180 were built, it was in service from 1956-1996, and served in the Six-Day war and the Yom Kippur war.

Edit: another thought is the Morane Saulnier MS.733 Alcyon; production run of 208, and it was used in Algeria by the French, and possibly in action by Morocco as well.

Edited by T7 Models
  • Like 1

My guess is a Super Mystere B.2; only 180 were built, it was in service from 1956-1996, and served in the Six-Day war and the Yom Kippur war.

And it's been on the Azur Future Releases page on Hannants for ages. No three versions though.

Jay

PS So hoping it's either a Mirage IIIC or Galeb/Jastreb!

Mea maxima culpa - I forgot the FRROM Mystere :(

In my opinion the list is very short: three jets (although each of them had a lifespan of more than 30 years, not just 20), one VERY vintage floatplane (if a licence-built much modified variant doesnt't count for the production total) and five French piston-engined aircraft.

I just have started sending my proposals to FRROM - maybe...

New clue

Informations :
Reminder : you may play more than once, but only once in a 'play day' (see below)

• The aircraft was involved in at least two wars.
• The plane had a life span of more than 20 years (first flight up to removal from last operational unit)
• Mono-engine, monoplane, less than 300 built, 3 main versions
First carrier-landing trials on a british carrier. Served in Pacific

Definitely not a SMB-2!

V.P

Edited by Homebee

F4U-4B. ~300 built, served in WWII and Korea. Albeit the Corsair I first qualified for sea with FAA, they didn't operate the F4U-4.

Likely the Fairy Firefly though...

Tim

Edited by Greenshirt
  • Like 1

Looking better for a MS472/474, a total of 300 plus 3 prototypes built, the 474 in particular was carrier capable, though a 472 was modified with carrier gear in 1947 for carrier trials, maybe on a British flat top? Has Eric brown got one of these in his log books? Said to have served into the late 60s, after 472 prototype first flight in 1945, close to 20years? Probably served in Indo China & Algeria. Just saying......:)

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1